Cook - Part Time
The culinary team and state of the art commercial kitchen and dining hall plays an important role in the treatment program and recovery process at Bruce Oake. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact and directly support successful life transformations of individuals experiencing problematic substance use and addiction.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparation, cooking, and presentation of all meals and events for Bruce Oake.
- Ensure that all meals are consistently prepared and served according to the recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Keep up with industry trends and support Chef in menus and new recipes supporting recovery and well-being.
- Provide educational information to support residents health goals and ensure allergies, eating disorders or other health concerns are addressed in daily meal plans.
- Maintain all kitchen equipment, surfaces, appliances and serving tools.
- Promote and work in a manner consistent with the mission of the Bruce Oake Recovery Centre.
- Sanitation and ensure to follow standards and regulations.
- Replenish all food, paper and cleaning supplies in kitchen and dining area.
- Monitor kitchen and dining area chores by clients.
- Picking up and logging any food donations from outside organizations.
- Experience in the Food Service Industry.
- Complete knowledge and understanding of Winnipeg Regional Health Standards for Food Services.
- Food Safety Certification.
The Bruce Oake Recovery Centre, in partnership with the Indigenous community, is committed to increasing the representation of Indigenous people within all levels of the workforce. Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply and to voluntarily self-identify as being of Indigenous descent in their cover letter/application. Firsthand knowledge of the culture or experience working with First Nations, Inuit or Metis communities is an asset.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 20 per week
- Discounted or free food
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Weekends as needed
- cooking: 2 years (required)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (required)
Work Location: In person