Yonge Cafe & Bistro is looking for a Kitchen team member to join our team in the Toronto, ON area.
- Support the Weekend Brunch or Dinner dishes plating, according to specifications
- Set up work stations
- Follow the prep list created by Head Chef or sous Chef & complete all tasks with minimal supervision
- Label, sort and placement of ingredients in storage areas as required
- Have experience or de ready to learn to use a Slicer for Deli Meats
- Clean equipment & utensils.
- Clean dishes, pots, pans, and sanitize in our equipment
- Previous experience in restaurant cooking or other food preparation.
- Ability to follow instructions and follow safety rules including using proper food handling and hygiene rules.
- Previous experience in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience cleaning dishes, pots and pans
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Have Food Handler's Certification preferred
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, stretch, push/pull and lift/carry up to 25 pounds at times.
- The employee may be required to use hands/fingers to handle or feel objects, clean dishes or items.
- The employee must be able to follow instructions in a manner that allows them to complete tasks efficiently.
- The employee must be able to work within a team environment or alone
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 16-20 per week
Salary: $15.50 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M2N 7E9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- dishwashing: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-09-30