Requisition ID: 344267
Competition #: SS-23-1163
Position Control #: 119-71165-M224-U1
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: Southern Health-Santé Sud
Work Location: Boundary Trails Health Centre
Department / Unit: Maintenance
Job Stream: Clinical Support
Anticipated Start Date: August 28, 2023
Anticipated Shift: Days/Evenings/Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75 hour shifts
Salary: As Per CUPE Collective Agreement
Under the direction and supervision of the Manager/Supervisor - Maintenance, the Maintenance Worker performs a variety of tasks including the repair and maintenance of equipment, building and grounds and is responsible for fire safety equipment, programs and drills; implementation of policies and procedures and any other related initiatives. The incumbent exercises the appropriate level of initiative and independent judgment in determining work priorities, work methods to be employed and action to be taken on unusual matters. The position functions in a manner that is consistent with the mission, vision and values; and the policies of Southern Health-Santé Sud.
- Grade XII education
- Two (2) years recent experience in general maintenance or equivalent experience
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, and relevant legislation and ability to make arithmetical calculations would be an asset
- 4 th or 5th Class Power Engineering Certificate would be an asset
- Experience in electrical, carpentry, plumbing, heating or air-conditioning required
- Given the cultural diversity of our region, the ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population is required
- Demonstrated ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the job
- Demonstrated ability to respect confidentiality including paper, electronic formats and other mediums
- Good work and attendance record
Conditions of Employment:
- Completes and maintains a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Search, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check, as appropriate
- Requires a valid Class 5 driver’s license, an all-purpose insured vehicle and liability insurance of at least $1,000,000.00
- All Health Care workers are required to be immunized as a condition of employment in accordance with Southern Health-Santé Sud policy.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.