Who We Are:
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of essential products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader - automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Who You Are:
A mature and driven team player, with a proven track record of customer service excellence. This position requires delivering friendly and courteous service in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining speed and accuracy processing customers purchases.
Successful candidates will be able to work a variable schedule, including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
What You’ll Do:
- Greet and thank customers and provide friendly service to them.
- Process customer purchases efficiently, following standardized procedures.
- Accurately verify merchandise quantities, descriptions and prices when processing customer purchases.
- Balance cash and maintain awareness of amount of cash on hand.
- Maintain merchandise around the cash area and ensures that it is customer ready at all times.
- Deal with challenging situations and conflict resolution in a professional manner.
- Complete other tasks when required.
What You’ll Need
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong mathematical ability and typing skills.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Comfort in learning or experience with retail computer systems and tools.
- Highly approachable attitude, with a customer exceptional service to customers.
- Strong belief in the Canadian Tire values of honesty, integrity, and respect.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Positive attitude, punctuality and solid work ethic.
As a condition of employment, applicants will need to complete employment verification.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Part-time hours: 32-40 per week
Salary: From $14.15 per hour
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Afternoon shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-10