Merit is a growing, well-established Insurance Premium finance company. We are currently seeking an experienced, highly motivated individual to join our office. You would work with a highly personable team that provides ongoing support and training to help you to become a leader in insurance premium financing.
- Providing prompt, professional and courteous service to insurance brokers
- Posting policy information and payments to accounts in accordance with procedures
- Review documentation and digitally process insurance receivables/deposits
- Servicing clients by telephone and e-mail, preparing complete and detailed notes; using our database system, online banking, and various cloud systems
- Engage in leadership with new and dynamic I.T. driven workflows
- Interacting with our team, learning various processes within the office. Ensuring accuracy and controlling financial practices across team.
- Strong relationship building, communication, and organizational skills
- Team player with capability to multi-task, do meticulous financial data entry, and adapt to changing needs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools and adaptable to various digital systems. Versatile to new cloud workflows.
- Self-starter, quick learner, customer service focused, comfortable within insurance industry
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision in a fast-paced environment
* Accounting or bookkeeping experience is desirable; and experience with using online banking reports would be considered as an asset. Expertise with Information Technology and digital document flow would be a plus.
* Minimum 3 years insurance experience would be considered an asset
* Salary negotiable commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full-time
Our office team is fully vaccinated for COVID-19, and we conform to public health requirements in the office to avoid COVID-19 exposure.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Halifax, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)
- customer service or insurance or accounting: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person