In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Carpenter to join our team! In this role you will get to use your knowledge in all aspects of carpentry for the layout, installation, repairing, finishing, and maintaining of various structures, fixtures, and buildings at site. You will have good knowledge of construction practices, wood properties and other carpentry materials.
This is a Fixed-Term position that could turn into a full-time role for the right candidate. Candidates local to Faro are strongly preferred but we could consider candidates available for a fly-in/fly-out role on a case-by-case basis.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Demonstrated proficiency in renovations and maintenance of commercial infrastructure
- Interpreting, reading blueprints and drawings
- Have good working knowledge of construction practices and operation of tools to work safely and efficiently following directions from Supervisor
- Selecting materials, planning sequences and methods of work, and measuring and marking materials
- Checking completed units to be sure they are level, square, and installed in correct location
- Considerable knowledge of the standard practices, methods, materials, and tools of the carpentry trade
- Perform work in accordance with safety best practices
- Maintain tools and equipment in safe operating condition
- Identify and report needed repairs
- Practice and promote company environmental, health, safety, and operational policies and procedures
- Participate in ongoing training and development as needed
- Maintain a high standard of performance in your duties
- Participate in site-specific training
- Comply with company standards, as well as Yukon Territory and Canadian building codes
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor which may include duties and labour outside the trade(s).
What Required Skills You'll Bring:
- Current Red Seal/Journeyman Carpenter's certificate or 3rd/4th year apprentice carpenter
- 3+ years of industrial carpentry experience
- Valid Class 5 driver's license
- Valid Scaffold certification
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Physically able perform the duties of the position
- Must be comfortable working both in various elemental conditions including rain, snow, heat, cold, etc.
- Ability to lift to 20 kg
- Possessing a valid Mine Rescue Certificate (surface) compatible with Yukon OHS Mine Rescue Standard (OHS, 2016) and approved by Yukon WCB, or willingness and ability to undergo training to obtain such.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
This position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.
For more than 75 years, our experts have designed and delivered the critical infrastructure that connects and protects communities around the world. We work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as health, vision, dental, employer paid provincial care premiums, life insurance, paid time off, sick leave, all province observed holidays off, and gym membership discounts to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!