Currently looking to fill ongoing Saturday and Sunday 0730-1330 *must be BC registered for this shift*- as well as other various daytime and evening hours available, from part time up to full time, depending on your availability.
Do you want to make lives better and have the ability to drive your career? Do you love working with seniors? Nurse Next Door has the perfect opportunity for you!
Nurse Next Door is dedicated to delivering flexible, premium care options to help seniors stay at home, because we know home is the safest place to be.
Do you want a flexible work schedule that fits with the other priorities in your life? Nurse Next Door is looking for Caregivers who are able to work 15 to 40 hours per week. We have flexible hours in the morning, afternoon, evenings, and overnights.
As a Nurse Next Door employee, you receive:
- 24/7 access to assist with scheduling related questions
- 24/7 assistance related to your client’s care
- Flexible Schedules (Part-Time & Full-Time)
- One-on-one care: Work directly with the client to provide the best care possible
- On-boarding and training: eLearning, Shadow Shifts, mentoring
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Meal preparation, light housekeeping, and/or companionship and personal care.
- Happier Aging is at the heart of what we do — enabling seniors to live at home as long as possible, doing what they love to do.
- Execute on the client’s care plan as outlined by the Care Designer.
- Help clients with their ADL's (Activities of Daily Living) that is within the scope of practice for a Registered Health Care Aide.
- Assist clients with transfers, ambulation and exercises.
- Meet the safety needs of the client and use equipment safely and properly.
- Function within the limits of your own experience and knowledge, while practicing safely and competently within the job description.
- Complete records and documentation accurately and thoroughly.
- Previous caregiving for seniors experience is preferred.
- Being a BC Registered HCA is an asset.
- Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Screening Sector (less than 1 year old).
- Negative TB Skin Test or Chest X Ray (less than 2 years old).
- Must be able to speak and write in English. Other languages will be an asset.
- We work with private clients so we have many different shifts available from mornings, afternoons, evenings, and overnights!
- Looking to fill Wednesdays 1530 - 2130
Other Companies may call this role: Support Worker, Health Care Aide, Caregiver, HCA
Apply at: https://www.nursenextdoor.com/jobs
Job Types: Casual, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 15-40 per week
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Nanaimo, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Caregiving: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person