Kinaxis is the global leader in modern supply chain management. We serve supply chains and the people who manage them in service of humanity. Our software is trusted by renowned global brands to provide the agility and predictability needed to navigate today’s volatility and disruption. We combine our patented concurrency technique with a human-centered approach to AI to empower businesses of all sizes to orchestrate their end-to-end supply chain network, from multi-year strategic planning through down-to-the-second execution and last-mile delivery. For more news and information, please visit kinaxis.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
Job location: our office in Ottawa, Canada (preferred) or Remote, Canada
Term length: 4 or 8 months starting January 2024
Our team develops software tools and automation frameworks that are used internally within Kinaxis. The team is responsible for the operation of various testing pipelines used by other software developers in the company. We automate these pipelines to parallelize testing workloads over hundreds of Virtual Machines, running tens of thousands of tests. We primarily use languages such as .NET/C#, PowerShell, Groovy, and Python, and manage their execution in environments involving Jenkins, Docker, Elastic, Azure, and on-premise VMs.
Since we develop internal facing tools, we experience the entire software development lifecycle, from design to release to bug fixes. As a result, creativity is a significant contribution of this team; we need to develop novel solutions for problems that developers face. If solutions jump out at you when you are faced with software development challenges, this is the team for you!
- Developing and supporting various software tools, features, and services in various programming languages used internally by other developers
- Learn new software development processes to find and deliver solutions to problems as they arise
- Change and refactor existing code to remove complexity
- Simplify access to development tools and knowledge
- Manage machine resource usage to optimize uptime
- May perform additional projects as needed
- Have finished at least 3 years of studies in a Computer Science or Software Engineering (or equivalent) program, including at least 2 previous co-op work terms
- Object Oriented programming experience, preferably in C# or C++
- Strong technical skills and the ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Insatiable drive for improving productivity
- Good collaborative skills and positive attitude
- A creative thinker that is good at problem solving
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at [email protected]. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.