Hazelmere Golf & Tennis Club does not reside on a public transit route: a reliable mode of transportation is a must!
Hazelmere Golf & Tennis Ltd. is looking for applicants for an Entry-Level Banquet Server position who is available during the day on weekdays. Some evening, weekend, and holiday shifts may be required.
To assist in the overall service of private event functions through job assignments given to you by your direct supervisor. Each shift will include setup, service, cleaning and reset requirements. Some public service shifts may be available as well.
- To provide service throughout a private event function as dictated to you through the event’s appointed Banquet Captain, your shift’s direct supervisor.
- Service requirements may include but is not limited to serving and clearing dishes, providing beverage service including hot, cold, and alcoholic beverages, altering room setup as required throughout event, being attentive to guests’ needs and fulfilling guest requests in a timely and courteous manner
- Shifts may include pre-event setup requirements, daily Clubhouse cleaning duties, post-event banquet cleanup, and room reset for the next function.
- Job will require the ability to push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50lbs of weight.
- Shift length and availability may be unpredictable - must be able to work with a flexible schedule and capable of working over eight hours as needed.
- Morning shifts may start as early as 7AM, evening shifts may end as late as 1:30AM. Mid-day shifts will be available as well.
- Some outside work required however primarily inside work within a restaurant environment, for private and public services
- The ability to report to work on time and in proper uniform.
- Maintain a positive attitude and provide exceptional service, guaranteeing customer satisfaction and encouraging repeat business.
- Work in a fast paced environments and maintain organization while doing so.
- Communicate effectively to supervisors, teammates, and guests alike.
- A strong understanding of the English language, both verbally and written, is essential for success in this role.
- Be able to work both in a team setting as well as independently, while staying focused on the job at hand.
- Stay current with the Club’s policies and procedures
- Attend to guest requests and attend to guest complaints as required.
- Free staff meals on 5hr+ shifts
- Free Golf and Tennis privileges in a stand-by membership format
- Fun, rewarding environment with plenty of social aspects
- Other discounts available on food and merchandise
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 8-24 per week
Salary: $16.75 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you have a reliable mode of transportation?
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-15