We're currently seeking a Clerk to join our Bakery team! This position reports directly to the Bakery Supervisors, and some of the main responsibilities include;
- Ensure customer service is provided through maintaining a safe and efficient operation while adhering to company policies, procedures and standards.
- Performing all aspects of the Bakery Clerk functions including: panning and the operation of the bake-off ovens, bakery platter preparation, icing of names and/or messages on cakes, facing, stocking displays in an efficient and organized manner. Ensures display presentation and stock levels are maintained.
- Handles merchandise ensuring quality, minimizing damages and markdowns. Provides substitutions and ensures price integrity including price changes
Performs general clean up duties such as cleaning spills and display fixtures to ensure a neat and organized department. Responsible for keeping the sales floor and back stock area clean from cardboard and debris, as well as disposal of garbage.
What skills and abilities will you need to be considered?
- Grade 9 or acceptable combination of education and experience
- Previous bakery retail experience
Must be fluent in English (CLBA-Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment score of 5 or higher)
What skills and abilities will set you apart from others?
- Bakery product knowledge and experience
Basic Word, Excel and Outlook
Benefits & Perks
Working at Calgary Co-op provides opportunities for increasing levels of responsibility, personal growth and challenge and the experience of working for a company that is proud of the communities it serves. We offer competitive wages, paid vacations, employee discounts, a recognition program, social committee events, an employee and family assistance plan, and more........
We believe that if we take care of our team members, our team members will take care of our business.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted