Are you passionate and want to contribute to the success of DeSerres? Leverage your skills within a big name in art, hobby and DIY equipment.
We are currently looking for candidates for an Assistant Manager position on a permanent full-time basis for our branch located in Edmonton. Candidates must be available days, evenings and weekends.
You will be responsible for supporting the store manager in the management of the branch, in terms of sales, customer service, human resources management, merchandising and financial control.
- Assist in the planning, organization and control of all store operations.
- Apply the company’s business strategies to achieve sales and profitability store objectives.
- Participate in the hiring and training of new employees.
- Coach and support employees in accordance with norms and standards of customer service and merchandising in order to provide an exceptional shopping experience.
- Participate in the evaluation of employee performance and development.
- Communicate sales, promotions and objectives to all employees.
- Implement corporate policies and procedures.
- Create a positive work environment; encourage employee engagement and mobilization.
- Work schedules and respect salary budgets.
- Communicate effectively the information intended for both customers and employees.
- Perform and supervise the management of in-store inventories.
- Ensure compliance with occupational health and safety standards.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in retail or equivalent experience.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Leadership skills.
- Sales skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills in both English and French.
- Varied weekday, weekend and evening schedules.
- A warm, stimulating and creative work environment, promoting work/life balance.
- The opportunity to develop your professional knowledge and skills.
- Competitive benefits such as a group insurance plan, a pension fund, a recognition program, discounts on our products.
Founded in 1908, DeSerres is a proudly Quebec family business that has seen three successive generations in management. With 30 stores across the country and a major transactional website, our passion for what we do has earned us the title of leader in arts and crafts supplies in Canada. Each store is a real suggestion box and offers a colorful shopping experience, at the heart of creativity, trends and art.
*We will only communicate with those invited for an interview. We subscribe to the principle of employment equity.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Retail management: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person