Based in Fort St John and reporting to the Branch Manager, the warehouse attendant will play an important role as part of the yard management. This role will be responsible for all warehousing for the FSJ branch, and will provide support to the Dispatch, Branch Administrators, and Branch Manager.
· Accurate inventory control of all products contained in the warehouse. Must ensure proper inventory is maintained for each customer.
· Ensure accuracy in shipping / receiving of all products to or from the warehouse. Verify products and quantities during loading / off-loading of highway trucks, vans, hi-boys, deck trucks etc.
· Safe handling of products, considering the potential danger of various dangerous goods (i.e. caustic soda, bleaches, flammable liquids etc.).
· Ensure materials are packaged correctly for transport (i.e. do not send out damaged packages containing hazardous materials).
· Cleanliness of warehouse and yard, maintaining safety guidelines. Doorways and aisleways are clear of potential hazards. Complete facility reports and takes corrective action when necessary.
· Proper and unobstructed identification of all hazardous materials.
· Proper stacking and storage of all products maintained in the warehouse.
· Accurate documentation for disposal of hazardous materials.
· Environmental protection and spill response procedures.
· Proper operation and maintenance of forklift as per Forklift Training Program.
· Participate in all safety and operational meetings. All employees are expected to make an ongoing contribution of constructive input in order to maintain safety excellence.
· Other duties as required.
· Priority Setting and Time Management – Continuously able to balance resources and re-establish priorities and deadlines based on changing business needs
· Communication / Coaching – Ability to provide coaching and guidance level using written, listening, and oral communication skills. Creates an environment to provide feedback, ensuring it is objective, constructive and timely.
· Drive for Results – Recognizes the required key actions establish, and communicates the priorities to others, and maintains focus on achieving goals.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making – Uses a systematic process to solve difficult problems including gathering and examining information from a variety of sources; identifying the root cause of problems; drawing appropriate conclusions; generating viable solutions; and weighing the pros and cons to arrive at a final decision. Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines.
· Valid class 5 driver’s licence
· Transportation of Dangerous Goods certification provided
· Forklift training an asset
· WHMIS provided
· Other training as required
· Warehouse experience an asset
· Squatting / Bending / Kneeling / Stair climbing / Reaching
· Exposure to dust, fumes or gases and changes of temperature and humidity
· Working from heights and near moving equipment / Walking on rough ground
· Stand / Walk for intermittent periods
· Sit / Drive for frequent periods
· Lift / Carry weights to 100 lb. frequently
· Push / Pull weights to 100 lb. occasionally
· Frequent use of pallets, planks, poly tarp (50 lb.)
· Use of both hands for power grip/speed work / precision / piece work
· Continuous use of both feet for repetitive movement
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$25.00 per hour
All Pandemic Protocol in place. Training will be provided to employees.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $24,497.00-$64,497.00 per year
- Do you live within 100km of Fort St John, BC
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
- warehouse worker: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person