Salary range: The salary range for this position is CAD $27.11 - $28.74 / hour Why Fraser Health?:
Are you passionate about helping others? Do you want to work for one of British Columbia's top employers? If you have answered yes to these questions we want you to continue reading!
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. Our team of 43,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
We are looking for individuals interested in current and future casual opportunities working as a Community Health Worker in the following locations:
Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows
Please ensure to indicate on your application which geographic locations you are interested in working in.
Effective October 26th, 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
Take the next step and apply so we can continue the conversation!
Come work with dedicated health care providers who are enthusiastic and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work. Work hard and have fun while you do it.
We recommend you like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.
Detailed Overview: Assists clients with the activities of daily living to promote maximum independence; provides personal care, housekeeping and home management activities; performs delegated duties in accordance with Home Health and Home Support guidelines, policies and procedures. Responsibilities:
- Assists clients and families in establishing and maintaining self-sufficiency and independence by following an established care plan.
- Provides personal care such as bathing, skin care, grooming, oral hygiene and mobilization; performs delegated tasks for which transfer of function training has been completed such as catheter care or implementing established exercise routines.
- Performs housekeeping tasks, as per the care plan, including cleaning, laundry, mopping and sweeping to maintain a healthy, safe environment in the home.
- Works as a team member with professional staff; reports any unsafe conditions and/or changes in a client's condition/behaviour and/or living arrangements to appropriate staff.
- Demonstrates methods and provides basic information to clients in relation to personal care, housekeeping and home management activities, in accordance with established care plans.
- Follows care plan related to meal preparation instructions including setting up, preparing and serving meals; monitors and records client's food intake.
- Observes the behaviour, appearance and condition of family members and/or other individuals who maintain safe and supportive care of those clients in their own home; reports changes in the support system to the appropriate professional.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of information gained as a result of the employment relationship; exchange of information cannot occur without the authorization of the manager, Home Health/Support or designate.
- Participates in quality improvement activities by maintaining current knowledge and compliance with all Home Health and Home Support guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Completes and maintains related records and documentation, as per established policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Participates and attends various in-services and staff development meetings, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Grade 12, plus a Home Support/Resident Care Aide certificate, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Valid BC Driver's License and access to a personal vehicle for business-related purposes.
Skills and Abilities
- Home management skills
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients