Requisition ID: 340893
Position Number: 21002066
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: WRHA Community Health Services
Department / Unit: WRHA - Women's Treatment & Community Ser
Job Stream: Clinical Support
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: ASAP - Indefinite
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 4.00
Annual Base Hours: 2080
Salary: $22.474, $23.023, $23.605, $24.219, $24.895, $25.603
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Reporting to the Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for preparing and cooking meals for clients. Days of work will vary during the week and weekends.
Cooks will work as members of the team and demonstrate the following:
- Ability to communicate respectfully and positively with clients and staff and presents self in an approachable and friendly manner.
- Commitment to fostering a safe, healthy and nurturing environment for clients.
- The ability to balance his/her needs with the needs of clients, other staff persons and those of the organization.
- Ability to model, teach and create opportunities for clients to enhance their interpersonal, problem-solving, emotional management and daily living skills.
- Exhibits the ability to respond to client requests and crises in a responsible, timely and flexible manner.
- Ability to contribute to an effective, positive team environment through an appreciation for an inter-disciplinary approach, solution focused problem solving, and open, direct communication.
- A strong commitment to personal and professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in quantity cooking.
- Graduate of recognized cooking course at the technical or community college level and/or a suitable combination of education and experience.
- Food Handler Certification is required.
- Valid CPR and First Aid certification is an asset.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of food service sanitation standards including personal hygiene, and kitchen safety practices.
- Candidates should possess strong organizational, interpersonal communication skills and the ability to handle a varied workload.
- The incumbent must have the ability to deal effectively with staff and clients.
- An understanding of, and sensitivity to, working with culturally diverse populations is essential. Knowledge of the addictions field is an asset.
Must be physically capable of performing duties assigned including the ability to lift and carry weights of up to 40 lbs.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective agreement.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.