People are the heart of our strategy
A family-owned Group, Roquette offers a positive and attractive work and career environment, in which everyone can learn, develop, contribute to the overall company performance and be recognized for doing so.
Roquette is a global leader in plant-based ingredients, a pioneer of plant proteins and a leading provider of pharmaceutical excipients. In collaboration with its customers and partners, the group addresses current and future societal challenges by unlocking the potential of nature to offer the best ingredients for food, nutrition and health markets.
You have the best opportunity to work for the WORLD LARGEST PEA PLANT. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
This position is located on site in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba (MB), and is not available for remote work.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for all divisions of condition monitoring equipment within the facility. Such monitoring technologies includes oil sample collection, ultrasound (structure and air - borne) data collection, thermography, and vibration data acquisition. Working alongside other trades when required.
- Route-based lubrication (oil filling & topping - off reservoirs), changing filters and breathers on reservoirs, as well as grease relubrication with manual and automatic dispensing lubricaton,
- Collect, label, and mail oil samples for analysis,
- Receive and evaluate with the reliability engineer oil analysis results for future planned maintenance,
- Report and actionize (where applicable) discrepancies or conditions that requires corrective or planned maintenance,
- Planification and execution of scheduled condition monitoring initiatives, as well as closing all completed work orders, and create requisitions (where necessary) on sap according to roquette’s best practices,
- Improve reliability with ultrasonic testing's: precision greasing using ultrasonic structure - borne technologies, as well as air - borne ultrasound for leak detections,
- Coordination of inventory and ordering of products,
- Mechanical modification of systems as desired, to facilitate sampling and filtration, and other predictive initiatives,
- Vibration data acquisition on rotating equipment, and diagnostic aid with the reliability engineer,
- Thermography for inspecting steam traps, overheating detections, etc.,
- Good understanding of other trades/craft skills
- Excellent communication skills and open to feedback
- Strong organizational skills
- Expected to work in a responsible and safe manner by following proper lockout and safety procedures
- Strong decision-making ability and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and effectively meet deadlines
- Work independently and in a multifunctional team with minimal supervision
- Fundamental understanding of mechanical circulating systems operations,
- Experience in a condition monitoring technician role is preferred: Level 2 Machinery Lubricant Technician (MLT 2), VCAT 1 - Junior vibration analyst, or ability to pass the MLT 2 or VCAT 1 within one year,
- Excellent attention to details and have the ability to be attentive and cautious during data acquisitions,
- Experience with equipment maintenance, ability to recognize deficiencies in bearings, alignment, etc.
- Level 2 Machinery Lubricant Technician (MLT 2), VCAT 1 - junior vibration analyst, or ability to pass the MLT 2 or VCAT 1 within one year.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment (food industry) is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $35.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Portagela Prairie, MB: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
Work Location: In person