Dawson Truck Centres // Are you looking for a chance to be part of something big, something meaningful, something important? How about keeping our vital transportation infrastructure — our roads, highways and bridges — safe for B.C. families and businesses!
Dawson International Truck Centres is a full service International, Isuzu, Trail King and Peerless dealership, offering service, parts and sales in five locations across the BC Interior. We support the transportation industry by providing them with the necessary equipment and services for economic growth.
Work for us and you will be a valued member of the Dawson Group, a family-owned group of transportation and construction companies serving all of B.C. People First is one of our core values, and we take it seriously. As well, we pride ourselves on acting with Integrity, Excellence and Respect. These values define us and guide all the decisions we make.
In this role you will be a valued member of Dawson International Truck Centres, working in a permanent, full-time position of Outside Sales Coordinator, reporting to the Manager, Parts, Sales and Marketing. The Outside Sales Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining current accounts and gaining new accounts. This role is expected to take a strong interest in understanding customer needs, sourcing and generating new business, and matching the dealership’s products and services to exceed customers expectations. Your base location will be Kamloops, BC and will require travel throughout our great province.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Ability to gain new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule
- Call/meet with customers regularly to generate sales with both new and past customers
- Maintain and foster relationships with all customers
- Work on monthly sales flyer and assist with marketing and promotion plan.
- Order and allocate marketing materials such as shirts, posters flyers and distribute to all locations.
- Assist all sales team with presentations for clients.
- Track wholesale items through all branches and report on sales activity.
- Liase with clients in addition to outside sales reps to assist customer requests.
- Assist in handling customer complaints and concerns and make sure the problem is corrected to the customer and dealership’s satisfaction.
- Provide consultation and upsell opportunities to customers on products and parts that will enhance their business
- Ensure timely and effective research, communication, and response to customer needs.
- Troubleshooting and strive to resolve issues to provide above standard customer service
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analysis
- Work with, and assist the outside parts sales team on a daily basis to better service customers. This will be achieved by timely response to quote requests, formal document preparation, updating CRM systems, liaise with operational staff on parts, shipping requirements etc.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Previous sales experience ideally in the commercial parts industry
- Strong self-motivational sales skills
- Display an earnest desire to preform assigned tasks efficiently and accurately
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively
- Red Seal Parts Person an asset
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding our reach and need people like you to join us on our journey, and to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
Apply now to start the conversation!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview