Come and work for one of Canada’s largest integrated distributors of products for the construction industry. We offer products in the distinct categories of plumbing and heating, waterworks, industrial, oil field supply, and HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning). With hundreds of locations across the country, there is ample opportunity for you to grow with us throughout your career. Our success and growth are driven by a simple idea – invest in our people and reward them for delivering superior business results.
Our Vernon HVAC/R business is looking for a leader who has an entrepreneurial drive and mindset. You will have autonomy to make timely local decisions that are right for your team, business, market, and customers.
What does the role involve:
- Hire and develop employees – maintaining full employee satisfaction
- Generate strong financial results through leadership focused on people and customers, in full alignment with the organizations business model
- Analyze monthly financial reports and implement appropriate strategies to increase sales, improve operating efficiencies, manage assets, and achieve ROI and profit-sharing targets
- Defining goals and strategies to grow market share and share of customer wallet within market segment
- Maintain a safe working environment in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Identifying location network opportunities
- Setting high expectations and raising standards of performance
- Ensuring quality of customer service and ongoing measurement of customer loyalty including monitoring satisfaction with products and services, complaint resolution and communication
- Supporting the business planning process (forecasting & annual goal setting)
- Providing information on customer/competitive intelligence; as well as project management assisting the Territory Manager in:
- Development of a common vision — Engage with other leaders and draw upon the team to develop a common vision
- Development and application of a regional strategy – Build a strategy designed to differentiate the business amongst competitors and create a common feel locations
- Develop and promote a culture of high expectations, a winning attitude, strong team dynamics, pride in achievements, fun and collaboration; create a culture which will encourage generation of new ideas, challenging the status quo and active sharing of information
- Customer relationship management – Develop and maintain strong relationships with our chosen base of customers
- Business and financial performance– Assist in developing increases in top and bottom-line performance with a view to achieving consistent and sustainable improvements in results and a track record of performance
What are the Requirements:
- The ideal candidate will possess a university degree and more than 8 years’ relevant business experience. They will have gained experience within the wholesale/distribution sector in an organization which sells to small and medium-sized, owner-operated businesses (preferably through a multi-branch network).
- The candidate will be highly intelligent, strategic and possess excellent general management and business management skills coupled with strong operational financial acumen. They must have gained experience in a role with P&L (2yr minimum) responsibility and have a proven track record of building business and improving financial performance. A strong sales orientation is required.
- They will be a strong coach and mentor and an excellent judge of people and talent. This individual will be able to identify and address gaps in performance appropriately, making tough decisions when necessary and providing the necessary support and development to enable people to achieve their full potential.
- They will be an excellent relationship builder with a strong sense of protocol balanced with an informal yet credible style. This individual must be comfortable and effective at dealing with and relating to a wide variety of individuals including senior executives within the supplier community as well as customers out in the field.
- Driven, energetic, balanced, well-organized, values-based, entrepreneurial, disciplined, and resilient are all adjectives which describe this individual.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $70,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Please provide days/times you are available for interviews
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Management: 8 years (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person