Want an Exciting Career with a Company On The GROW?
BearCom is the largest value-added distributor of wireless, voice, data and video solutions that boost operating efficiency and increase safety. The company is currently in a high-growth phase and building a team of people who share core values of positivity, exceptional work ethic and a commitment to working hard in order to get the job done. Through partnerships with Motorola, JVC Kenwood, Avigilon, and the like, BearCom services the mission-critical communications needs of its sophisticated customer base. With nearly forty years in the industry and a reputation for technical expertise and the ability to offer customized solutions, BearCom delivers a variety of communication applications across a diverse mix of over 40 end markets in the US and Canada. BearCom's ability to create tailored solutions for its extensive base of over 20,000 active customers allows them to enjoy relationships with the Fortune 100 to small municipalities. BearCom’s headquarters and distribution center are in Dallas, TX and the company is currently partnered with the industry renowned Private Equity sponsor Bertram Funds out of San Mateo, California.
As a Field Service Technician you will be responsible for programming, installing, testing, troubleshooting, maintaining, diagnosing radio system infrastructure of MOTOROLA and KENWOOD products.
- Testing, maintenance, troubleshooting, installation, programming and repair of radio system infrastructure and subscribers
- Troubleshooting and problem diagnosis of conventional and trunking systems (analog and digital)
- Installation, troubleshooting and repair of wireless microwave networks
- Network cable testing, duplex operation, spectrum analysis, use of return loss bridge
- Install, maintain and tune antenna multi-coupler systems, duplexers and transmit combiners
- advanced diagnostics including antenna diagnostics
- Complete and maintain test and service reports
- Reading and understanding of engineering drawings/documents
WORK SITE ENVIRONMENT
- In shop work
- On-site (customer location) work
- Remote (tower site) location work
- 40 hours per week
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in RF Service industry
- Ability to use basic tools and test equipment including: hand tools, power drills, multi-meters, watt-meters, and soldering equipment.
- Must physically be able to maneuver into and out of heavy equipment and work on ladders and other elevated locations.
- Understanding of basic wiring diagrams and basic DC circuit theory is required.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook is desired.
- Must be able to work under pressure and independently, and be able to meet deadlines for delivering quality solutions on time.
- Background checks are part of the hiring process which may also include a Police Security Clearance and Motor Vehicle check.
- Capable of continuous learning at a rapid pace
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving skills
- Reading text/Document use
- Working well in a team environment AND able to function independently
- Computer skills are essential
- Preferred: Electronics Technologist, Electronics Technician, Electrical Engineering Technician Diploma program
BearCom offers competitive compensation to all of its employees as well as comprehensive benefits upon hire, which include: Medical, Dental, Vision, RRSP and much more.
BearCom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace free from discrimination and harassment. We seek to recruit and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other disability protected by law. All employment is decided based upon qualifications, merit and business need
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $39,418.00-$51,000.00 per year
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Kitchener, ON N2M 1Y4