Are you a professional, positive and attentive caregiver who has a flexible schedule and a passion for helping others in the community? Pacific Coast Health Services is currently looking for casual HCA's or RCA's to serve the Nanaimo and Victoria areas. Previous experience is an asset, but New Graduates are welcome.
Our team feels a sense of enjoyment and happiness from helping the people in our community who truly need it. As a Caregiver with Pacific Coast, you will work in our clients’ homes helping them to live their lives. We are looking for people who can work flexible hours, including mornings, evenings, weekends and possibly some 24 hour live-in shifts if you are willing.
- Lifts and transfers
- Medication assistance
- Personal care
- Catheter care
- Special needs care and task delegations
- Assistance with bathing or showering
- Meal preparation and feeding
- Possibly accompany client to appointments
- Light housekeeping
- You are a Certified RCA or HCA
- You are registered with the BC Care Aide Registry
- Certification in CPR or First Aid is an asset
- You have the ability to obtain a Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search upon hire
- You can provide two references who will tell us you are reliable, punctual, and committed
- You agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to our agency via Public Health Officer Order or contract
- You have a caring, helpful attitude and you are a positive, team player
- You have a reliable vehicle and cell phone
Pacific Coast is a unionized environment. We offer a competitive compensation package and scheduling flexibility. Our team is supportive and friendly.
Pacific Coast is proud to have been the runner-up finalist in the Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce’s 2021 Business Awards for Outstanding Workplace of the Year!
EOE. Due to the high volume of applicants, you will only be contacted if selected for an interview.
Job Types: Casual, Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $21.66-$23.04 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
The Pacific Coast Management Team constantly monitors COVID-19 guidelines from the BCCDC and the Government of Canada to assure that our policies are up to date. Keeping our clients and staff safe is our highest priority!
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Nanaimo, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Caregiving: 1 year (preferred)
- Registration with the BC Care Aide Registry (preferred)
Work Location: In person