Prairie Roots Co-op is hiring a Casual Cashier at our Starbuck location in Starbuck, Manitoba.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at https://www.prairierootscoop.ca/
What you’ll do:
- Provide exceptional member service with a positive, professional approach and attitude toward customers
- Be dependable for all scheduled shifts
- Process member transactions in a timely, efficient and accurate manner
- Perform cash out procedures
- Operate the till with accuracy
- Maintain a neat, clean and orderly location at all times by using good housekeeping standards
- Perform any other duties as requested
- Adhere to all Prairie Roots Coop policies and procedures and participate in the Health and Safety program
- This position requires you to do a significant amount of static standing, frequent and constant lifting, bending, and stretching
- With willingness to do File Maintenance
Who you are:
- You have strong customer service skills
- You have good organizational skills and great time management
- You have excellent written and verbal communication
- You have the ability to work independently in a team environment
- You have previous retail and cash experience
- You have the ability to handle multiple demands at once while still providing excellent customer service
- You have a sense of urgency
- You have the ability to lift up to 50lbs unassisted
- You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do
- You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives
Why it matters:
- Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
Apply in store or email your resume [email protected].
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected
to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $15.30-$15.60 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Starbuck, MB R0G 0C1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
Work Location: In person