What you’ll do:
Maintenance Technicians (Millwrights) are responsible for physically inspecting various pieces of equipment to assess problems and determine preventative measures necessary to complete said repairs as necessary.
Note: Candidates are required to undergo a substance test prior to letters of offer per IPCO policy.
Duties included but are not limited to:
- working on equipment comprised of complex pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, electronic and mechanical components;
- redesigning existing processes and packaging equipment to meet changing requirements;
- providing suggestions for PM service intervals based on observations within the current CMMS; performing preventative maintenance activities on packaging and plant equipment;
- complete various equipment repairs, installations, retrofits and major overhauls;
- maintaining accurate recordkeeping and inventory management initiatives;
- maintaining process flow to achieve or exceed production standards;
- contributing to plant/process improvement initiatives.
- Work under pressure and in high-demand situations.
- Lifts up to 25kg floor to waist and 25kg waist to shoulders.
- Extensive lifting, walking, standing, bending, and pushing.
- Operate powered mobile equipment such as a sit down forklift, stand-up reach truck, scissor lift, floor washer etc.
- Remain in stationary positions 50% of the time and standing up to the entire shift.
- Move about the work site to perform various job duties up to the entire shift.
- Operate hand tools, power tools, handheld scanners, computers and calculators.
- Work at heights and ascend/descend ladders, railcars, tank trucks, ISO’s, stairs, etc.
- Position and reposition to stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling.
- Wear a half-face and full-face respirator as required.
- Journeyperson Millwright with a minimum 2 year’s experience
or 3-5 years of documented related mechanical experience with compressors, boilers, pumps, hydraulics and pneumatics
or completion of Level 3 Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) required.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a production/manufacturing environment. Preference in chemical manufacturing facility over production manufacturing facility.
- Experience modifying and fabricating equipment to fit production requirements or solve production issues. Experience cutting, grinding, fabricating and welding as required.
- Experience with blueprints, sketches and technical drawings.
- Strong problem-solving skills and basic computer experience.
- Leadership skills along with the ability to mentor and train by providing constructive feedback and coaching.
- Safety-first mindset
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Handle changing priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Works ork in a team environment, a can-do attitude and ability to multi-task.
- ·Operational Excellence (Lean Manufacturing) knowledge is preferred and considered a valuable asset.
- Experience with hazardous materials preferred.
- Strong mathematical skills, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $31.39 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB R2J 0K7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Millwright: 3 years (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-27
Expected start date: 2023-09-27