Position Location: North Vancouver & Dunbar, Vancouver
Company Overview: Stong’s is a locally owned, community focused grocery store. We offer a wide variety of local and boutique products at both our Vancouver and North Vancouver full-service locations. Our Stong’s express department are experts at home delivery straight to your front door. The Stong’s name has a rich history with over 85 years of grocery experience and we are committed to a unique and family friendly grocery shopping experience.
Position Overview: As part of our team, you will be responsible for ensuring we always deliver the highest standards of quality food and customer service. As a cashier you will be responsible for the friendly greeting of customers. You will be the face of our team and often the staff member who leaves a lasting impression. Being able to work morning shifts would be an asset.
- Upholds and complies with company procedures, standards and policies in all situations
- Greets customers in a polite and friendly manner
- Demonstrates superior customer service
- Process cash register payments by cash, cheque, credit card, gift card and debit
- Wrap and place merchandise in bags / carts
- Balance and reconcile cash at end of work shift
- Maintain cleanliness of check stands
- Stock various product in check stand area
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- No previous experience required
- Friendly disposition and customer service focused
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, high-volume environment
- Attention to detail
Salary/Hourly Rate: $17.15/hour starting wage (plus shift premiums as applicable)
How to Apply: Feel free to pop by our North Vancouver (2150 Dollarton Hwy) or Dunber (4221 Dunbar St) location and speak to one of the managers on duty. You can also apply online with the form to the right or email your resume, position, hours availability, and preferred location to [email protected].