Summerhill Market is looking for a mid-shift person to lead our cleaning initiatives and dishwashing at our Commissary location. Hours would be day shift with some flexibility from day to day from 11am to 7pm.
The ideal candidate for the position will have some experience in a kitchen environment, an outgoing personality and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment.
On the job training will be provided.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of the Summerhill Market team, you will conduct yourself with integrity and have a strong work ethic.
The responsibilities of the Dishwasher include but are not limited to:
- Showing up for work on time and ready for work;
- Set up the dish area as required for optimum productivity, including reassembling the dishwasher;
- Assist in the collection of wares and equipment parts when necessary;
- Assist in the delivery of clean wares and machine parts as necessary;
- Scrape and pre-wash dishes when necessary before running them through the dishwasher;
- Ensure that the dishwashing machine is running optimally at all times including checking chemical levels daily;
- Disassemble dishwasher and wash parts when necessary;
- Ensure clean work area at all times;
- Adhere to health and safety rules, including using personal protective equipment;
- Perform other necessary duties as may be assigned.
- Ability to perform basic prep duties an asset
- Ability to work well with others as a lead; be part of a team inspiring others as well as work on your own, knowing when to ask for assistance;
- Ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less;
- Ability to follow oral instructions and procedures;
- Ability to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays;
- Understanding of food and kitchen safety.
The Summerhill Market is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from diverse communities, including: Aboriginal people, persons of colour, persons with disabilities, new Canadians and immigrants, members of the LGBTQ community and women.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M3A 1B7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Dishwashing/Cleaning: 1 year (preferred)
- people supervisory: 1 year (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person