BearCom is the largest value-added distributor of wireless, voice, data and video solutions that boost operating efficiency and increase safety. The company is currently in a high-growth phase and building a team of people who share core values of positivity, exceptional work ethic and a commitment to working hard in order to get the job done. Through partnerships with Motorola, JVC Kenwood, Avigilon, and the like, BearCom services the mission-critical communications needs of its sophisticated customer base. With nearly forty years in the industry and a reputation for technical expertise and the ability to offer customized solutions, BearCom delivers a variety of communication applications across a diverse mix of over 40 end markets in the US and Canada.
As a Customer Service Representative, you will provide quality and efficient customer service to all BearCom customers, both external and internal. End result – to obtain more business from the customer through satisfaction!
- Reception duties including answering and responding to customer calls and emails
- Scheduling in-shop and on-site service repairs for our technical team
- Inputting, updating and invoicing customer sales orders and ensuring the terms of major contracts are adhered to
- Preparing, inputting, updating and invoicing customer rental orders and ensuring the rental fleet is properly cleaned, maintained and inventoried
- Responsible for shipping and receiving, verifying packing slips and data entry
- Assist customers and troubleshoot questions, issues, complaints, inquiries related to products and services sold, repairs, and/or order status. This may require extensive research and interaction with various departments to resolve the problem.
- Quality control for inventory management for all orders being processed, verifying accuracy of orders and/or products being received or shipped
- Tracking open orders & shipments via phone, online vendor software, internet, etc.
- Assist customers with inquiries for products and services, repair and order status (sales and rental) with the ability to troubleshoot issues and complaints
- Ability to research and interact with various departments and multiple branch locations to resolve an issue
- May be requested to participate in special projects related to the department
Must be computer literate and able to use Microsoft office and various software programs including accounting, inventory and tracking software
- Ability to interpret and follow company processes and procedures, and assist with development and refining procedures as needed
- Experience with the JD Edwards software platform is a definite asset
- Aptitude in quickly resolving customer service issues
- Exercise professional attitude along with excellent telephone and e-mail correspondence etiquette
- Ability to work as a team player, build a rapport with co-workers and all divisions within our organization.
- Multitasking and attention to detail is a must
- Must be able to work under pressure and independently and be able to meet deadlines for delivering quality solutions in a timely manner.
- An active listener with excellent communication skills, possess sound judgement and critical thinking abilities
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and understand the value of genuine customer service
- Experience in the wireless communication industry and/or in support of inventory control, equipment rentals, and in direct interfacing with external customers is an asset
- Must be available to work 5 days a week, Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm, and additional, as occasionally required
- Position reports directly to Customer Service Manager
- Background checks are part of the hiring process which may also include a Motor Vehicle Check
BearCom offers competitive compensation to all of its employees as well as comprehensive benefits which include: Medical, Dental, Vision, RRSP upon hire, and much more.
BearCom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace free from discrimination and harassment. We seek to recruit and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other disability protected by law. All employment is decided based upon qualifications, merit and business need.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person