Experienced dishwasher/prep cook required for 20-30 hours a week in bustling Dundas cafe.
Made-in-house menu. Culinary training or equivalent work experience is appreciated.
General Responsibilities Line/Prep Cook:
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, preparing meats or sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Cook menu items according to restaurant specs
- Ensure that food meets standards of high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with restaurant standards and proper food handling procedures
- Have knowledge of food safety, safe food processing and preserving of raw food products
- Answer, report and follow supervisors and kitchen managers instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
General Responsibilities Dishwasher:
- General dishwashing duties in fast-paced fun environment
- Monitoring dishwashing equipment; ensuring the sanitizer is operating at correct temperatures in all cycles
- Ensuring that the proper detergents (and levels of detergents) are being used in the sanitizer and pot washing sinks.
- Ensuring that the proper sanitizing chemicals are being used when cleaning walls, countertops and floors
- Abiding by the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) that outline hazardous chemical use.
- Maintaining safe, clean and organized walk ways in the kitchen.
- Ensuring that the dish area, kitchen floor, employee restrooms, employee break area and storage areas are cleaned at all items.
- Responsible for the garbage: keeping area clean and orderly, sorting and putting out onto curb twice a week. You must maintain these areas so that they are free from debris at all times
- We're looking for a total team player that provides services that link all departments together
Skills and Qualifications
- Food Handlers Certificate
- Proven cooking experience (1+ previous years of relevant experience or education)
- Must be able to follow printed recipes and plate specifications
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel
- Must be able to bend, lift and reach up to 40 lbs
Salary: starting from $17 - $18 per hour
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 25 per week
Salary: $17.00-$18.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Culinary: 1 year (preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-02