Interior Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic Registered Nurse
to join the SAFE Nurse Examiner team
at the Penticton Regional Hospital
in beautiful Penticton, B.C
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
- Provides comprehensive sexual assault/forensic nursing care to patients triaged to the Sexual Assault Forensic Examination (SAFE) program.
- Provides care through a trauma and violence informed lens, using evidence informed practice
- Ensures patients and their support systems are supported in navigating the health care system and accessing community supports.
- Completes a comprehensive assessment of the physiological, psychological, socio-cultural and spiritual needs of the client
- Determines client status and responses to actual or potential health problems.
This is a CASUAL OPPORTUNITY
. Casual means hours are not guaranteed and may vary and shifts may be at short notice. Casual employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent and temporary positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual employment and lead to regular employment.
About this location/unit:
Penticton Regional Hospital (PRH) acts as a referral centre to three community hospitals and one diagnostic centre in the South Okanagan and includes a regional population of 85,000. It has an operating capacity of 158 acute beds and 102 extended care beds. A full range of services are provided with the exception of open heart surgery, neuro surgery, and recent spinal cord injury care. This is a great place to experience a variety of medical and surgical nursing units and build and expand your nursing skills. Our Emergency Department receives 37,000+ patient visits per year and the staffing complement consists of a Patient Care Coordinator, RNs, a LPN, and Unit Clerk.
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the
- British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Minimum 1 (one) year of recent related nursing experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Completion of a recognized Adult/Adolescent Forensic Nurse Examiner/Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner program and preceptorship