We are seeking a self motivated individual to assume the role of a Heavy Duty parts coordinator as well as assist with various administration duties and tasks.
As a parts coordinator in the shop you would:
- Source parts, obtain quotes, while complying with company guidelines
- Monitor shop consumable supplies and effectively replenishing as necessary
- Receive stock shipment regularly
- Maintain stock inventory and report to Maintenance Manager on stock levels
- Manage tracking to ensure critical parts for service or repair are stocked for specified equipment
- Process cores and warranty parts for credit, and tracking items to ensure credits were received
- Oversee inventory control of small equipment and tools, and perform basic repairs as required
- Seek technical information regarding new and current products
- Other related duties as assigned
To be successful in this role, you will be a highly motivated self-starter and have the following qualifications:
- Ability to identify parts
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Proficiency in windows; Outlook, Excel, Word and QuickBooks an asset
- Organized and task oriented
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- A team player with a willingness to learn
- Mechanical aptitude
Preference will be to candidates with the additional qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with heavy-duty equipment, crushing/screening equipment, commercial truck & trailer, hydraulic & automotive parts
- Previous experience with parts sourcing and purchasing
We offer higher than industry standard wages and we have an extended benefit package. We thank all applicants for their interest in the role, though only those short-listed will be contacted.
Who we are:
Milner Group is a family run business that has been serving Vancouver Island for over fifty years. We started out with one gravel pit and one truck to serve our clients, we gradually expanded into civil contracting, and continued to grow from there. We now are proud to offer residential and commercial development, general excavation, municipal road building, highways infrastructure, logging, and wood waste recycling. Milner group continues to provide services such as trucking, gravel quarrying, demolition, and hazardous materials abatement, hauling, and disposal services for residential and commercial waste to a diverse range of clients in the Mid-Island area. Milner Group is a small company with big goals, a hard-working team, and a lot of equipment. Our team is passionate about our work and committed to our clients —no project is too big or small for Milner Group!
VANCOUVER ISLAND IS WHERE WE LIVE, WORK & PLAY!
* This is a permanent, full-time position in the Nanaimo area.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $50,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- This is a permanent position in Nanaimo, BC. Do you currently reside in the general Nanaimo area?
- Heavy duty parts ordering: 1 year (preferred)
- computer (Word, Excel, etc): 1 year (required)
- Drivers Licence (required)
Work Location: In person