Who we are
As the Working and Learning Company, we at Staples Canada, are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that’s you, let’s work, learn and grow together.
We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Canada is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Some of what you do
As the Technology Sales Consultant, you’re a champion of the customer experience on the retail floor. You enable our work, learn, and grow culture for our customers and associates. Passionate about technology, you continuously grow your knowledge by committing to ongoing self-development and interact with your team by sharing your expertise. You help our customers achieve their working & learning goals by sharing your knowledge, experiences, and enthusiasm on the latest tech products, services, and trends.
Specifically, you will:
- Connect, share and partner with customers to identify solutions that cater to their needs and add value.
- Be an expert with our product and services to identify and recommend referral opportunities. Reconnect and follow up with customers to solicit feedback on sales; promote additional products and services that create value.
- Lead selling for the technology and workspaces departments, and cultivate a selling culture with associates to achieve goals and targets.
- Prepare quotes on technology systems and related products when required.
- Provide coverage and assistance in all areas of the store where business needs require, including Tech Services.
- Communicate to store leaders, relevant sales information, inventory levels and any product issues.
- Ensure adherence to company merchandising standards, including current pricing, signage, planograms, promotional planners, advertising set-ups and displays.
- Operational excellence and customer experience are important aspects of your role. You will operate cash registers, follow all loss prevention measures and ensure the cleanliness and store standards of your assigned departments.
- Ensure that a clean and safe environment is always top-of-mind, keeping the safety of yourself, fellow associates, and our customers as a key priority.
Some of what you need
- Technology sales experience.
- 1-2 years in a leadership or supervisory role with direct accountability for achieving sales and service targets is preferred.
- Completion of post-secondary education in a technical field is preferred.
- Proven track record of achieving customer service excellence and sales results
- Technology savvy
- Solutions Finder
Some of what you will get
- Associate discount
- Health and Dental benefits
- Learning & Development programs
- And more...
- A moderate amount of physical effort and operation of equipment / machinery is required to execute our merchandising standards and to maximize our customer experience.
- Movement of freight by use of ladders and stock pickers is required.
- We’ll also ask you to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Staples Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities.