Who We Are:
Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast.
Who You Are:
A mature and driven team player, with a proven track record of customer service excellence. You thrive in fast-paced environments, and are easily able to multitask helping customers while maintaining speed and accuracy processing customers purchases.
What You’ll Do:
- Greet and thank customers.
- Process customer purchases efficiently, following standardized procedures.
- Accurately verify merchandise quantities, descriptions and prices when processing customer purchases.
- Process money, cheques, credit/debit card payments.
- Maintain merchandise around the cash area and ensures that it is customer ready at all times.
- Respond to and handles customer inquiries, requests and concerns in a timely manner.
- Deal with challenging situations and conflict resolution in a professional manner.
- Complete other tasks when required.
What You’ll Need
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong mathematical ability and typing skills.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Comfort in learning or experience with retail computer systems and tools.
- Highly approachable attitude, with a customer exceptional service to customers.
- Strong belief in the Canadian Tire values of honesty, integrity, and respect.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Positive attitude, punctuality and solid work ethic.
Successful candidates will be able to work a variable schedule, including evenings starting at 4:30 to close, weekends with open availability, and holidays.
As a condition of employment, applicants will need to complete employment verification.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 16-25 per week
Salary: From $14.15 per hour
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Cashiering: 1 year (preferred)
- Self-Checkout: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-06