***WE ONLY HIRE PEOPLE WHO CURRENTLY LIVE ON VANCOUVER ISLAND, BC***
Who we are
CommunityPlus is based out of Greater Victoria and provides home caregiving services across Vancouver Island. Saltspring to Sooke, Duncan to Nanaimo and beyond. We are locally owned and operated with over sixty exceptional caregivers, nurses and allied health professionals. BC's first and only private Living Wage home care provider.
'Cause we're the best! We delight in converting great caregivers from working 2-3 part-time jobs to 1 full-time job with us. We will pay consistent OT with about 10% of the caregivers making over $100,000+. Schedules are consistent until they change. Simplify your life while you get paid more & maybe work less. You'll never have to ask for a raise, wages increase annually for everyone. We have always operated this way and always will.
Wage & Benefit Details
- Base rate $24 per hour. With pay premiums the average gross wage in 2023 is over $28 per hour. Everyone makes the same base pay. Pay goes up every year for everyone.
- Pay premiums - From $3-11 per hour for short, complex & weekend work.
- End-of-year bonus - In 2022, the average bonus for a full-time employee was over $1500.
- Health & Dental - Benefits are available from 15h per week so that our senior and disabled part-time workers also have access.
- Great Vacation - Up to 6 weeks of paid time off. Vacation earned increases faster, every full year worked.
- Bonus Vacation - Earn a bonus week of vacation for good health & for our pensioners, up to 8 weeks of paid time off.
- RRSP contributions that increase with hours worked (starting 2024)
- Monthly group meal - We do our best to include everyone. Rotating locations, day of week and time. Two big events each year with gifts & prizes.
- High staff retention, hiring driven by growth over 7 years.
- Sane scheduling and support. Owned by a career home care scheduler who was also a caregiver.
- Schedule, clock-in and documentation on your device using our in-house software.
- $$$ paid for employee and client referrals. We charge clients less and pay employees more; everyone wins.
We have an great group with an amazing culture. Our caregivers are all very experienced and provide a variety of services that range from simple errands and companionship through to advanced dementia and end-of-life care.
Great full or part time employment for amazing people who also happen to be certified caregivers. We are always looking for the right people. Call us today at 250-658-6508 to chat with our Coordinators.
- We are actively hiring in all areas of Victoria, Westshore, Peninsula, Saltspring, Nanaimo.
- We are not currently hiring in Duncan & Comox.
- Hourly, Facility, Overnight & Live-in
Who we hire
- Certified Caregivers
- Retired Nurses with a BC Care Aide Registry #
What we will need
- Resume & two professional references
- BC Driver's License or ID
- Passport type photo for Company ID - Photo shoots can be arranged
- COVID QR Code
- Clear TB Test
- BC Care Aide Registry Number
- SG Criminal Record Check
- Caregiving & other education documents
RCA, Residential Care Aide, HCA, Health Care Assistant, Home Support, Home Care, Care Aide, Facility, Assisted Living, AL
Job Types: Casual, Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 15-40 per week
Salary: $24.00-$35.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 12 hour shift
- 4 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Overtime pay
Gloves, masks, gowns and other PPE provided, Vax required, Health orders followed
- BC Care Aide Registry # (required)
Work Location: In person