If you are an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer and value an organization that promotes safety and a quality work life balance, then North Star Air would like to bring you to our organization and allow you to advance your career! North Star Air operates passenger and a dedicated cargo service with ATR 72-500, Basler DC3 Turbo Conversion, and PC-12 series aircraft. M1, M2 licensed AME’s will be given preference.
- Primary base: Thompson, MB
- When positions are available, AMEs are given the opportunity to transfer bases if desired.
- North Star Air also supports an Intern program for anyone interested in becoming and Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. All ages will be welcome with preference to candidates with mechanical background.
- North Star Air promotes a fatigue management program for its staff.
- Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous and potential hazards while taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for NSA staff
- Teamwork: Able to collaboratively work with others to achieve organizational goals
- Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and external customers
- Communication: Listening and communication openly, honestly, and respectfully with diverse audiences.
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Must be flexible and organized with the ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and fast-paced working environment
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Ability to obtain necessary airport security clearances, and successfully complete the company screening process
- Must have M1 license
- ATR/Basler/PC12 experience an asset
- Ability to make timely and informed decisions in a high-pressure environment
- Must hold a valid Canadian issued full driver's license.
North Star Air offers competitive compensation to qualified and highly motivated candidates. Pay scales are on par with industry, competitive and progress. Entry level of pay is dependent on work experience. Comprehensive Benefits and Pension options available.
- Please note that applicants for these positions must have current status to work in Canada in order to be considered for this opportunity. While we appreciate all resumes received, we can only directly contact those applicants under consideration for interview.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Store discount
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Thompson, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
Work Location: In person