Who we are:
Response Biomedical Corp. has been transforming acute care diagnostic testing, with the central focus on improving patient outcomes and healthcare reform for over 20 years. Response Biomedical fosters a values-based culture, committed to making diversity and inclusion our way of doing business. We believe the people we work with including our partners, medical teams, and employees are the cornerstone of our success.
What we do:
Our RAMP platform is a global leader in diagnostic testing solutions for use in cardiovascular, infectious disease, sepsis, women’s health, arbovirus, and biodefense. We understand the stresses associated with rapid, accurate diagnosis when every minute counts, and are committed to collaborating with the teams that are dedicated to saving lives. We do this by providing lab-quality results within minutes that medical teams can trust, while reducing total cost of care.
Who we are looking for?
We are seeking an onsite Maintenance Engineer who can maintain high availability and optimal performance of manufacturing equipment and facilities for the purpose of improving patient outcomes and saving lives globally. The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for installation, troubleshoot issues, maintenance, calibration and repairs of all facilities and manufacturing machinery. In addition, ensure maintenance, calibration and repairs activities are completed in an orderly and timely manner
- Coordinates and executes maintenance, calibration and repair request / ticket and schedule plan to ensure that required routine, emergency & preventive maintenance is completed on time, and directs the implementation of corrective action to prevent schedule deviation in order to meet due dates.
- Assesses company systems to plan work assignments and project schedules.
- Ensures daily, weekly, monthly and annual schedule of maintenance, calibration and repair work is completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Coordinates maintenance/repair activities with with equipment users, contractors and vendors to grasp the situation, and then execute actions to address those current issues and meet future needs.
- Maintains a high level of equipment and building infrastructure availability, reliability, and performance through a systematic, periodic maintenance process.
- Maintains maintenance logs for all equipment and manages maintenance management software.
- Assists with departmental budget estimates and costs of specific repair projects.
- Sources equipment, tooling and spare parts. Participates in new equipment purchases and responsible for the coordination of the new equipment validation, as required.
- Coordinates work of outside contractors and ensures that the facility operates in a safe and efficient manner providing the best cost reduction solutions.
- Establish maintenance contracts for preventative, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, as required.
- Responsible for equipment safety and reporting. Fire safety and fire equipment inspection and testing.
- To exercise sound technical judgement to diagnose and resolve operational performance issues of equipment through mechanical, electrical or software adjustments in a timely fashion.
- Identifies and investigates residence deficiencies and equipment malfunctions, and machinery downtime, and takes appropriate corrective actions.
- To fill gaps in the equipment knowledge and understanding through self research and reaching out to external parties
- Communicates daily, weekly, monthly and annual schedule of maintenance, calibration and repair to Operations Team.
- Communicates daily with operations personnel to prioritize maintenance, calibration and repair activities and escalates issues as required.
- Communicates and coordinates with other departments and suppliers with regards to all maintenance issues and reports maintenance or equipment related concerns to Management.
Quality Management System compliance:
- Executes and documents equipment maintenance, and periodic calibration, verification activities as per equipment quality compliance requirements.
- Ensures that all maintenance, calibration and repair documentation is correctly completed and updated regularly, and documents are retained as needed.
- Ensures that maintenance, calibration and repair comply with the Company Quality Standards and ensures that the department employees comply with all Quality systems and ISO 13485.
- Document and investigate performance deviations of manufacturing equipment and facility services.
- Ensure to use only approved suppliers for critical and operational services.
- Ensure and maintain validation of all manufacturing and testing equipment.
- Develops and manages maintenance procedures and schedules plan.
- Develops and implements new methods, systems, policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective operation of maintenance activities.
- To act as the engineering subject matter expert on manufacturing equipment and the facilities when interacting with other functional groups.
- To provide higher level training for users of the manufacturing equipment.
Education, Work Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Degree in Engineering, technical diploma or technical certification program.
- Minimum 3 years maintaining automated manufacturing equipment and strong technical knowledge of all building systems (electrical, heating, etc).
- Experience in a regulated manufacturing environment working with biologics/biomedical/pharmaceuticals/food is preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of health and safety practices and regulations.
- Progressive approach to maintenance and process improvement driven.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and schedule work effectively with a production team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong hands-on technical ability with machinery, mechanical and electrical aptitude equipment for troubleshooting and repair of electromechanical driven automation systems
- Equipment software and computer software aptitude with an understanding of PLCs
- Familiar with building facilities (HVAC, Air compressors, Humidifier / Dehumidifier, Water systems, Security systems).
- Experience with equipment validation, root cause analysis, QMS documentation (NC, CAPA, ECO)
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite and database applications.
- Highly motivated and self-directed - capable of multi-tasking, and able to work independently with minimal supervision. Strong sense of good customer service and ability to prioritize urgencies.
- Strong logical, analytical and systematic thinker with an attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to interface directly with internal cross-functional teams and external parties (vendors, consultants).
- Strong work ethic, high level of professional integrity, and positive team attitude.
- Expresses strong personal values that fit with Response’s vision, values, and culture. Capable of working with people through building trust, demonstrates emotional intelligence, and cultivates innovative thinking.
Please note that this position is only available to candidates who are authorized to work in Canada.
We regret that relocation will not be provided.
We're committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications.
- While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.