Casual Financial Services Representative
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Casual Financial Services Representative to join our team! This position will support the Dartmouth branch. Build your career at East Coast Credit Union, where you will discover exciting professional opportunities and a collaborative workplace with great benefits and teams that support you!
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for providing counter and telephone service to current and prospective members; processing financial transactions including daily balancing of cash and transactions; assisting members with their financial needs and promoting credit union products and services. As this is a casual position, the incumbent is required to be available when needed and be flexible to work any day of the week from Monday to Friday. Hours will vary based on the operational needs of the branch. You may also be required to work at other Branch locations as needed.
- Provide exceptional customer service to current and prospective members.
- Pro-actively identify members’ financial needs; suggest appropriate product or service and refer members to other departments.
- Process various financial transactions and balance daily work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Understand all products and services offered by East Coast Credit Union. These include but not limited to facts and features; benefits and advantages; rules and regulations and price structure.
- Assist in the promotion of new products and services to Credit Union members.
- Respond to member inquiries and resolve any concerns or discrepancies.
- Follow the Credit Union’s security and risk management procedures.
- Demonstrate a team approach and provide support to the Front-Line team.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Completed a certificate or diploma in Business or Office Administration (or other relevant academic experience)
- A minimum of one year of customer service or sales experience, preferably in the financial industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Passionate about providing exceptional customer service.
- Able to achieve and exceed business/sales objectives.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- A critical thinker with problem-solving skills.
- Accurate and have a high attention to detail (data entry, paperwork, cash balancing).
- A great communicator with time management skills.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Competitive compensation and perks.
Applications will be accepted until September 29th, 2023.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At East Coast Credit Union, we believe everyone has potential. If you are excited about this career opportunity and your experience may not perfectly align with every qualification in this job posting, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this role or other opportunities we may have.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At East Coast Credit Union, we are passionate about creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and believe a diversity of perspectives, experiences and backgrounds benefit our employees, our members, and our communities.
East Coast Credit Union is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources by email at [email protected] or by phone at 902.464.7124
1 year(s): Customer service