RAB Energy Group Inc.
Opportunity to work and live in one of the most beautiful places in Canada – Whitehorse, Yukon.
RAB Energy Group Inc. is a Yukon First Nation-owned, for-profit corporation whose trademark’s Northerm Windows and Doors(Whitehorse, YT) and Capitol Glass (Anchorage, AK) are in the business of providing the highest quality windows, doors, glass and related building products to consumers throughout the North. We emphasize superior products and services, the well-being of employees, customers, owners, and the environment.
Northerm is COR certified and operates the largest manufacturing/ assembly facility in the Yukon and was recognized by the Whitehorse Chamber of Commerce as the Outstanding Workplace of the Year in their 2022 Business Excellence Awards.
Established as the Yukon’s capital city in 1953, the City of Whitehorse is home to some of the most spectacular scenery, talented artists and innovative businesses in Canada. Situated along the Yukon River on the traditional territory of the Kwanlin Dün First Nation and the Ta’an Kwäch’än Council, over 33,000 people call Whitehorse home. The City enjoys a healthy economy thanks to a strong business community, which was recognized when Whitehorse was named the top city for entrepreneurs in 2018 by the Canadian Federation of Independent Business. The City also enjoys a successful working relationship with the areas First Nations and the territorial government.
Environmental sustainability and responsibility have become a key priority for the City. Known as Wilderness City, access to nature remains a top value for residents who can enjoy recreation activities year-round, a vibrant art scene and a multitude of cultures as people from all over the world have decided to settle north of 60.
There is a reason why Whitehorse has seen a steady growth in population; it’s because it truly is a wonderful place to live, work and play. This is your opportunity to trade in the noise, congestion and traffic for clean air, open spaces and untouched wilderness while growing your career.
Relocation assistance is available for the selected candidate should they reside outside of Whitehorse.
Journeyperson Glazier - Lead / Supervisor (Whitehorse, Yukon)
Reporting to the Commercial Project Supervisor, the Journeyperson Glazier directly supervises Glazier Apprentices/ Installers and is responsible for overseeing installation of windows and doors and other similar projects, while ensuring that the installation meets or exceeds company standards. The position operates a variety of tools and equipment while maintaining a safe, clean, and respectful work environment, and performs other related duties.
- Fabricating, fitting and installing architectural aluminum and glazing products in commercial buildings.
- Installing all glass products including but not limited to sealed units, mirrors, glass railings, curtain wall, storefront, doors, showers, protective shields, and custom orders.
- Preparing and installing skylights and other special glass in commercial and institutional establishments
- Repairing and servicing aluminum doors and other glass supporting structures and replacing damaged glass.
- Reading and interpreting shop drawings, construction drawings and specifications.
- Safely operating hand, power and machine tools.
- Performing site measures and surveys for field dimensions
- Inspecting systems for quality control and conducting on-site investigations of problems relating to warranty and service calls, as required
- Assisting in resolving customer concerns and complaints arising from quality control as it relates to the installation of company products.
- Maintaining inventory control in work vehicles.
- Supervising, leading, mentoring, and motivating Glazier Apprentices/ Installers to ensure high productivity and quality.
- Providing training, assigning work duties, and evaluating employees’ performance.
- Completing paperwork, including job sheets and quality assurance documents.
- Monitoring and reporting on job progress on a daily basis.
- Notifying the supervisor of any personnel and safety concerns or other issues and other issues which require immediate attention.
- Follow and enforce all health and safety procedures and protocols.
- Red Seal Journeyperson Glazier preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience working as a Glazier.
- Knowledge and understanding of building and construction methods, materials and tools.
- Knowledge and awareness of safety regulations, occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Set, monitor and evaluate goals and objectives.
- Ability to influence others and effectively work in a team.
- Able to prepare and load sealed units, glass, windows and doors for transportation.
- Operate and handle tools and equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ability to assemble, erect, and dismantle scaffolding .
- Ability to read construction drawings.
- Proven experience leading a team and mentoring and managing the performance of direct reports is required.
- Proficient in both written and verbal English, with the ability to undertake moderately complex technical correspondence and conversations, as well as to provide clear direction to team members.
- Adept at multi-tasking and prioritizing in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, working well under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- A valid driver’s license with a minimum of 3 years driving experience and a clean driver’s abstract .
Candidates who have education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the qualifications listed above may be equally considered.
Applicants must have current work authorization in Canada as sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
As a 100% First Nation-owned business, we strongly encourage submissions from qualified Yukon First Nation Citizens as well as those from other territories and provinces.
While we thank and appreciate all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $35.00-$50.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person