WOW Hospitality is hiring!
Pastry cook / baker – $16.00- $18.00 / hour – daytime only
Bluestone Cottage Bakery Café is looking for energetic and enthusiastic daytime cooks to join their team. If you love cooking breakfast, have several years of professional culinary experience, love short order cooking and have a passion for healthy and seasonally inspired food then this will be a great fit for you! We are currently seeking a Pastry Cook to join our team. This position will also be expected to assist with a small amount of line cooking and basic prep.
Located in beautiful Downtown Charleswood Bluestone Cottage is open 7 days a week from 8am until 4pm. As a WOW Hospitality concept our guests have high expectations regarding quality of service, food, beverages, and atmosphere. We serve breakfast, lunch, espresso beverages, healthy smoothies and tonics and are passionate about brunch!
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Pastry Cook / Baker (Daytime)
- Part-time and full time available – weekdays and weekend days
- Starting wage will be determined by experience and qualifications
- This position would benefit from at least 1 year of professional short order breakfast cookery line experience
- This position requires 1 year of professional pastry and baking experience especially: quickbreads (muffins, loaves, scones), cookies, cakes, laminated doughs, sourdough, bread shaping and bread baking
- Please include at least three references with your resume.
- This position requires someone with great attention to detail and reliable experience cooking eggs and making hollandaise from scratch, baking a variety of items, finishing bakery items, shaping breads and making laminated dough
- Our kitchen is shared with our sister store Alena Rustic Italian. Cooperation is key between our concepts and prep is shared. Only candidates who are willing to learn a lot and be team players should apply for this position
- Must be able to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Setting up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies.
- Preparing food for service in appropriate quantities
- Cooking menu items in cooperation with the kitchen staff
- Excellent communication skills to ensure harmonious service
- Answer, report to and follow the head chef’s directions
- Clean up station and kitchen at the end of service
- Ensure all food items are appropriately wrapped and refrigerated according to food safety guidelines.
- Stock inventory appropriately, put away incoming orders using proper rotation
- Ensure that food comes out for each table in a timely manner, ensuring high quality of preparation as well as presentation
- Comply with food safety and sanitation regulations as well as company work safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and guests
- Other duties as required.
- Must be available for daytime shifts: weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- 2+ years of relevant restaurant experience required including:
- 1 year of professional pastry and baking experience especially: quickbreads (muffins, loaves, scones), cookies, cakes, laminated doughs, sourdough, bread shaping and bread baking
- Breakfast cookery culinary experience an asset
- Professional culinary training a major asset
- Excellent guest-oriented approach and patience
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- High attention to cleanliness and safety
- Must speak English fluently and live in Winnipeg area
- Must be able to independently lift 50 lbs.
-Must be able to arrive for early morning shifts (5 am start time)
- Must hold valid food handlers certificate
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Salary: $16.00-$18.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Every Weekend
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- professional cooking and baking: 1 year (required)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (required)
Work Location: In person