Requisition ID: 342924
Position Number: 21002695
Posting End Date: Open Until filled
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Selkirk Mental Health Centre
Department / Unit: SH Support Service Food Production SMHC
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: 09/11/2023 - Indefinite
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 8.00
Annual Base Hours: 2080
Salary: $24.174, $24.796, $25.449, $26.122, $26.795, $27.530,
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centered clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
The major responsibility of the position is to perform tasks as a cook in food preparation and cleaning food preparation area. Responsible for coordination of tasks in the central food production kitchen.
- Prior experience and knowledge in coordinating food distribution.
- Experience supervising staff.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a large-scale commercial cooking operation (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Completion of a recognized course in Commercial Cooking.
- Safe Food Handling Certification.
- Red Seal Certification required.
- Ability to apply food preparation knowledge with attention to food safety requirements, safe work practices, and Health Regulations.
- Strong leadership abilities and experience in managing staff.
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet established deadlines under pressure.
- The incumbent is normally required to work rotating shift, including statutory holidays and weekends.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective agreement.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.