Child and Youth Care Worker
The BGC of Central Vancouver Island provides experiential learning environments that inspire children, youth and families of diverse abilities to acquire & develop the critical cognitive, emotional, and social skills needed to become resilient and contributing members of society. The BGCCVI is a registered Non-Profit organization and charitable organization serving over 1000 children, youth and families in Comox, Courtenay, Lantzville, Nanaimo and Ladysmith through enriching programs in 14 club locations.
The Child and Youth Care Worker position will provide an interesting and satisfying career opportunity for those seeking to make a positive contribution to a community-based, growth-oriented organization. As caring adult role models, BGCCVI staff build healthy, supportive relationships with children and youth, which in turn can positively influence the life path they choose.
What’s in it for you?
- Salary: $22.00 per hour, Part-time 20 hours per week
- Start date October 9, 2023 - October 9, 2024, (term position)
- Monday – Friday work week, daytime and evening availability will be required to meet our clients' needs
- Assisting the case management team to identify participant needs, concerns, and strengths. Provides input to the development of participant goals and objectives, monitors participant’s progress and evaluates their identified outcomes on an ongoing basis.
- Teaching and role modeling life skills and behavior management to participants and their caregivers. Serves as a positive role model to all program participants.
- Recognizing potential crisis situations, analyzes such situations accurately, develops strategies to deal with such situations, and informs the program coordinator when such incidents arise.
- A degree in Social/Human Services or a combination of education and experience is required for this position.
- At least one year’s previous work experience in a similar environment is required.
- Previous direct program delivery experience in the community or social services sector with a demonstrated working knowledge of a specific community-based program and related provincial and community support is required.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have class 5 drivers license
- Valid First Aid Certificate with CPR-C considered an asset
Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. We thank all candidates for their interest, only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 52 weeks
Part-time hours: 0-40 per week
Salary: $22.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Nanaimo, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- social services sector: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person