Casual Employment Opportunity COMPETITION #CRC206/23-24
Reporting to Shift Supervisor, Casino Bank, the Bank Cashier is responsible for performing monetary exchange and prize payouts for guests while providing exceptional customer service. The incumbent rotates shift assignments between Horseracing and Bank.
- Provide prompt, friendly service – smiling, open and closing greetings.
- Check all bills to ensure authenticity.
- Sell, exchange and/or redeem all casino gaming products according to all applicable procedures.
- Pay out winnings which may include printing cheques within specified Cashier limits. Secure authorization to pay out winnings over the Cashier limit.
- Prepare for adds and decreases for of cash equivalents, verify amounts and signs.
- Identify and process Large Cash Transactions and Suspicious Transaction Report, notify appropriate individuals as required.
- Follow all Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries policies and procedures.
- Receive and verify Horseracing programs and update instructions on Bingo, Touch Screen, Slot Machines and Horseracing games to customers.
- Maintain versa self-serve machines.
- Perform opening duties; check memo board for Casino Information, check U.S currency rate, and float.
- Perform closing duties; place paperwork, bills, coin, US currency and cash equivalents in the float bag, count locker and record closing totals, generate reports, verify break-open totals and U.S. exchange slips have been entered.
- Encourage a climate that supports diversity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Six (6) months prior related work experience in a customer service related industry.
- Excellent math skills to perform accurate calculations and counts.
- The key accountabilities for this position include adapting to new changing conditions in a positive manner, communicating and working respectfully with co-workers, consistently delivering excellence in customer service, demonstrating appropriate job knowledge, following direction from leadership on assigned tasks, following established Safe Work policies and practices, following Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries’ policies and procedures, meeting the established attendance expectations, meeting the productivity performance expectations and taking accountability for actions.
- Bilingual (French/English) language skills.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Previous cash handling experience with the ability to handle large cash transactions.
***Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. We strive to hire a workforce that reflects the community we serve. Employment equity will be considered therefore applicants who identify as women, Indigenous people, members of racialized groups, and persons with a disability are encouraged to apply.
If you require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know how we can meet your needs.
Bargaining Unit: UNIFOR
Location: Club Regent Casino
All applications are due by October 2, 2023.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Casual, Permanent
Salary: $16.13 per hour
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-02