For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. As a not-for-profit organization, we proudly invest in communities to help address some of Canada’s most pressing health care challenges. We are one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Life & Health Insurer of the Year for 2021 and an Imagine Canada Caring Company.
Our 2,400 professionals work across six provinces, united by our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We’re committed to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture focused on ensuring health, wellness, and personal and professional growth through a variety of programs and support across our organization.
Together with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie — a national health solutions partner with over 7,700 employees. Our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Bilingual Agent Inquiry Representative
Full Time Permanent
Remote in Atlantic Canada
Referral Bonus Amount:
What's in it for you?
We WANT you to have work-life balance, it’s in our DNA. No overnight shifts, no weekends, and because we’re in the health business – we offer paid benefits and perks to keep you at your very best. Our department has team leaders who really care, training and support and most important – we want you to stay and grow with us, so we ensure that you have the resources to reach your professional goals. If you have a goal of becoming an Account Manager, this role will set you on the path to success! We are looking for someone who would be willing to expand their sales knowledge and complete their Life Licence Qualification Program (LLQP) designation.
Your every day with us:
In the role of Agent Inquiry Representative, you are responsible for aiding external advisors, other internal departments, and Account Managers to provide the accurate answers on inquiries, pending business and/or Individual health and travel products. You are resolving issues and enhancing the customer experience with your above and beyond client focused attitude.
- Managing inquiries via email or phone, including but not limited to complex service inquiries of an urgent nature, coordinating resolution of escalated concerns, and communicating with external advisors and Account Executives in satisfying customer needs.
- Handling administrative support requirements as it pertains to new applications or existing client files and forwarding requests for processing.
- Maintaining a strong relationship with both internal and external stakeholders as it pertains to Individual health and Travel products, by handling their inquiries in an efficient and timely manner.
- Playing a key role in the preparation and revisions of product promotional materials and ensure client information is accurate and always updated.
- Supporting Account Executives in Sales efforts and correspondence. Be able to recognize account issues that require their attention as well as recognizing potential for selling opportunities for respective advisors.
- Supporting the development of databases and reports through the sharing of information and knowledge.
- Become a subject matter expert for Individual health and Travel products, presenting and articulating product features and benefits to external advisors.
- Cross training and providing back up support to others on the team.
Support team project initiatives where and when required.
What you need to succeed:
- Obtaining a Provincial Life, Accident & Sickness license within 6 months from hire date is a requirement of the role; Medavie will cover the cost of an accredited education provider for the LLQP Course, as well as the first exams and licensing fees.
- Post-Secondary education preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a sales or customer driven position.
- Strong technical aptitude – you can multitask and navigate between multiple software applications simultaneously.
- Previous experience working in the insurance industry would be considered an asset.
- You are a good communicator – through email and phone, you are clear, concise, and friendly.
- You are a problem-solving master; you understand client needs and learn quickly how to get the best results in any environment.
- Whatever it takes attitude, you like a new challenge every day.
- Bilingualism (French and English) required.#CM1
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Medavie Blue Cross strives to foster a culture where everyone is enabled to achieve their full potential - a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) where we live our values every day in the way we treat each other, our members and the communities we serve. Accessibility is a top priority.
For applicants with disabilities, we provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Medavie Blue Cross Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Segment: Administrative Assistant, Business Development, Agent, Equity, Administrative, Sales, Insurance, Finance