IMA Solutions is looking for a Medical Records Clerk (internally called a Medical Documents Coordinator) to join our team!
The Medical Records Clerk duties include, but are not limited to: medical documents receipt, delivery and scanning; electronic document fax transmission management; general document upload to database and shared drive; reception; accepting inbound and arranging and monitoring outbound couriers; office supply monitoring; general administrative duties; filing; and project based work as assigned by the Manager.
This role is onsite Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent required. A minimum of one year related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience in a medical or legal office preferred.
Must possess complete knowledge of general computer, fax, copier, scanner, and telephone.
Must be knowledgeable of multiple software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and the Internet.
Must be a qualified typist with a minimum of 40 P.M.
Ability to follow instructions and respond to management’s directions accurately.
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
Demonstrate ability to take ownership of work.
Must demonstrate strong communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions where clarification is needed.
Must be able to work independently, prioritize work activities and use time efficinelty.
Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Must have the desire and ability to build positive relationships with customers, vendors and all internal staff.
Must be able to stay focused and concentrate under normal or heavy distractions.
Must have a strong sense of urgency and be able to work well under tight timelines and/or stressful conditions.
IMA Solutions provides independent medical evaluation and related services to property and casualty insurers, group disability insurers, employers, law firms, and government agencies. Clients utilize our services to facilitate fair and equitable claims settlements and enhance their risk mitigation processes. Our services are available throughout Canada and internationally in the U.S., the United Kingdom, and Australia. Regulatory compliance and oversight authenticated by independent third-party auditors assures clients of the integrity of our process controls.
IMA Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to protected veteran status, qualified individuals with disabilities and all individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Greet visitors and direct them appropriately.
- Update IME-Centric within 1 hour of med docs being received.
- Scan/upload /download medical documents prioritized based on assessment date.
- Process medical documents to PDF portfolio format in accordance with SOP.
- Remove all duplicates and breaches from finalized medical brief and conduct conflict of interest check.
- Identify and store all incoming original medical brief documents in accordance with SOP.
- Monitor Documents Scanned queue to prioritize workload.
- Monitor Documents to Assessor queue, send out medical documents 10 business days in advance of assessment or asap for medical documents received less than 10 days prior to assessment, document work and move cases to next queue.
- Scan and archive completed consent packages.
- Scan and archive signed Form 53 and Expert Duty Forms.
- Perform clerical duties such as typing, filing, and scanning as required.
- Maintain and retrieve electronic and hard copy documents as needed.
- Maintain office supplies inventory and requests orders when needed.
- Promote effective and efficient utilization of office resources and supplies.
- Support staff in assigned project based work.
- Participate in various educational and or training activities as required.
- Perform various duties as assigned.