REPORTS TO EXECUTIVE CHEF
Passion Drives Performance. InnVest succeeds because our people love what we do. Our entire team shares a deep-rooted passion for the world of hospitality & travel that extends far beyond the walls of our offices and locations.
Our company culture is built on collaboration. A nimble team where everyone has a voice at the table and an opportunity to pursue their passions. Our skillsets are as diverse as our portfolio, but we all have a singular focus: a belief that partnerships deliver the best results, an entrepreneurial approach to decision making, respect for others, a strong sense of integrity and a curiosity to challenge the status quo.
With over 75 hotels in our portfolio, representing 18 internationally recognized hotel brands, InnVest is the largest independent owner of hotels in Canada. In addition, our management team oversees the day-to-day activities of almost 70 hotels also making InnVest the largest independent operator of hotels in Canada. InnVest’s portfolio is geographically diverse with hotels from Vancouver, BC to Corner Brook, NL but also experientially diverse from roadside inns to luxury urban properties.
At InnVest, our mission is simple – to deliver outstanding guest experiences and superior returns on quality hospitality investment. A career at InnVest will provide you with unrivalled opportunities and invaluable exposure to Canada’s largest independently-owned and operated hotel portfolio.
The Dishwasher position is generally responsible for maintaining a constant supply of clean wares for the dining room, pantry and cook line at all times according to company policies, procedures, programs, and performance standards.
The duties of the Dishwasher include, but are not limited to the following:
· Reports to work well groomed, in uniform, and at all times practices good personal hygiene.
· Handles and stocks wares for a constant supply, ensuring cleanliness.
· Operates and maintains the dish machine and disposal, including disassembly and assembly.
· Properly uses chemicals, including cleaning and sanitizing agents.
· Sorts and racks all wares.
· Washes all wares.
· Maintains the cleanliness and sanitation of the dish room.
· Empties and cleans the trash receptacles and transfers trash bags to outside dumpster.
· Cleans back of the house, including floors, walls, ceiling, all counters and shelves, and restrooms.
· Completes cleaning duties efficiently and thoroughly. Works clean and stays aware of food safety issues.
· Follows established safety procedures, utilizes safety equipment and avoids hazardous behaviours.
· Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve guest satisfaction.
· Additional duties as assigned by Executive Chef.
COMPETENCIES WE ARE SEEKING:
· Exposure to heat, steam, cold, smoke
· Bending, lifting
· Ability to get through 30” gap
· Repetitive arm movement
· Reaching to put dishes on shelves or cook line
· Ability to lift and carry a weight of approximately 20 pounds
· Demonstrated knowledge of guest service and a genuine desire to exceed guest expectations
· Availability to flexible shifts including weekends and holidays
InnVest Hotels is an inclusive employer. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We appreciate all applications, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: $15.18-$16.12 per hour
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
Work Location: In person