Job Title: Cook/Prep Reports To: Manager/Owner
Ensure all preparation and cooking are performed according to Mary Brown’s Standards. Consistently deliver freshness, superior quality and appealing presentation of all food products at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure all food are prepared and cooked according to Mary Brown’s guidelines. Maintains established food rotations in storage in order to minimize spoilage and waste. Review daily prep list and maintain level of food production to cater to peak demands.
- Ensures safe and sanitary practices are adhered to in accordance with company and facility policies.
- Follows all proper food safety procedures during preparation and cooking including maintaining all required labels and logs.
- Ensures that all food is cooked and served in the right condition, at the right temperature and at the right time.
- Maintains all related work areas and equipment in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Perform cleaning duties such assweeping, mopping as well as cleaning of equipment throughout shift.
- Clean and sanitize all required tools and equipment as required – daily, weekly, monthly
- Reports damaged and/or inoperable equipment and fixtures to manager on duty.
- Assist in taking inventory.
- Check and verifies all deliveries.
- Record delivery temperature and put away the orders according to FIFO (first in first out) method.
- Perform morning kitchen set up and/or evening kitchen shut down duties.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate professionalism, courtesy and respect for customers in all front of the house situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
The employee is required to walk,sit, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee may be required to push a cart weighing 60 to 80 pounds. Potential for superficial cuts and burns.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme cold and extreme heat.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Must have simple computational skills.
Must have the ability to read, write and speak English or other languages as necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school diploma preferred 1 – 3 years of experience in branded quick service restaurants or restaurant with fast paced service
Basic knowledge of cooking methods and knife handling Solid understanding of Health and Safety issues Solid understanding of Food Costs Solid understanding of Food Safety
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified in recognized Safe Food Handling program preferred First Aid certificate preferred WHMIS certificate preferred
Must be bondable
Location: 1000 Taylor Avenue, Winnipeg, MB R3M 3A3
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time