If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional, and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are searching for a Dishwasher to join our Parkland on the Glen team based in Mississauga, Ontario.
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
- Approximate hourly wage: $17.11-$18.15
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits plan (eligible immediately upon hire for part-time & full-time staff) including an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Life, travel, and other insurances
- Access to virtual healthcare 24/7 for FREE through the group health benefit plan
- Pension plan
- Vacation accrual (begins immediately) and travel insurance
- Free onsite parking
- Access to thousands of perks vendors and discounts through our WorkPerks program, including excellent discounts for apparel, restaurants, technology, fitness, travel, and tickets to some of your favorite sports and entertainment events
- Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
- Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
- Processing all dishware and maintaining sanitation of dish machine, kitchen aide and dish sinks according to established cleaning guidelines
- Returning clean dishware to appropriate storage areas for use by Culinary Services employees
- Bussing of tables in the dining rooms and catering areas as required
- Maintaining cleanliness to standard in the kitchen and kitchen aide areas
- All other duties as assigned
In addition to placing high value on continuous improvement, collaboration and accountability, you bring:
- A high-school diploma or GED
- Ability to work a schedule of flexible hours and shifts inclusive of days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to provide a clear criminal record check upon hire
- CPR & Emergency First Aid Certification and/or Basics Food Safety Training/ Food Handler's Course would be considered an asset
- Previous experience working with seniors in a Retirement Living or Long-Term Care environment would be considered an asset
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For more than three decades, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, Milestone Communities, and Care at Home team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.