Account Manager – SatCom
MetOcean Telematics/ Contributing to the worldwide effort to better understand, assess, monitor, and connect our planet.
We are global leaders in Satellite IoT-enabled solutions, and we design and manufacture in our head office in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada. We are a global provider of innovating full-spectrum telemetry products, options, and solutions for the environment, marine, defense, and security clients.
Our mission is to connect the world without limits. We ensure critical data is transmitted, received, and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere in the world. We value collaboration, innovation, achievement, and connection.
Formore than four decades, we have assisted domestic and international customers with developing and integrating Iridium hardware into a wide range of devices and applications. MetOcean is a world leader in integrated systems used for real-time environmental monitoring, vessel tracking, and defense & security systems.
Our head office is in Nova Scotia, Canada, with offices in the United Kingdom, and the United States.
We are a growing organization and looking for talented individuals to join our growing team.
Role and Responsibilities:
We are seeking a full-time Account Manager – SatCom.
Reporting to the Director of Sales | SatCom, the Account Manager /SatCom is an integral member of the SatCom Sales team. They will work closely with Sales, Production/Operations, Business Intelligence, Technical Support, and Finance to ensure efficient and effective Sales activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Account Management (with a focus on IoT/Solution sales)
- Contract Management
- RFP/RFQ/RFI, Technical proposal preparation
- Customer training and information sessions
- Support and expand on new business opportunities with the Global Market
- Responsible for the health of the customer relationship and success for both the customer and MetOcean
- Work to be valued by the customer as a trusted advisor and a reliable focal point for business and systems issues
- Provide customers with knowledge of products and services
- Fully understand the customer's business challenges, culture, and environment, specifically market trends, future technology, competition, and partners that may affect the customer's business
- Arrange web-based customer sessions to showcase products and offers
- Represent the company at the highest level to clients, peer organizations, and business associates
- Maintain a high profile in professional and community organizations
- Follow the MetOcean Sales Process with daily updates and opportunity tracking in SFDC
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 4-5+ years of related experience in Sales/Account Management/Inside Sales
- 2+ years of related experience in Satellite or Cellular communications
Technical and Non-Technical Skills:
- Strong business acumen
- Proven ability to proactively engage with leaders and facilitate discussions
- A professional demeanor and ability to interact with the highest levels both inside and outside the organization
- Strong organizational and business management skills
- Successful in proactively creating and maintaining strong internal and external relationships with centers of influence, team members, and management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to obtain CANADA and NATO security clearance
- Available to travel domestically and internationally
Competencies and Attributes:
- Has the aptitude to understand the full breadth of the company’s products and services
- Is extremely self-sufficient and can deliver necessary work with minimal supervision
- Has a strong sense of customer service
- Demonstrates excellent skills in working as part of a team
- Passion for technology
- Strong relationship building
- Superior communicator
- Creative problem solver
- Assertive decision maker
- Demands results
MetOcean Telematics is one of Nova Scotia’s and Atlantic Canada’s Small & Medium Top Employers! We are leaders in Satellite IoT-enabled solutions, and we design and manufacture right here in Dartmouth, NS. We are a global provider of innovating full spectrum telemetry products, options, and solutions for the environment, marine, defence, and security clients.
Our mission is to connect the world without limits. We ensure critical data is transmitted, received, and processed in the fastest and most reliable manner possible anywhere in the world. We value collaboration, innovation, achievement, and connection. We are a growing organization and looking for talented individuals to join our growing team.
Check us out at https://www.metocean.com/
No phone calls, no unsolicited third-party recruiters, or agencies, please.
MetOcean Telematics is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.