If you are a dynamic Rehabilitation Assistant or Kinesiologist interested in personal and professional growth, CBI Health has an excellent opportunity for you to meet these goals, supported by one of the largest healthcare networks in Canada.
As a flexible, enthusiastic and personable team player focused on client-centered care and clinical outcomes, you flourish in a values-based, results-oriented and collaborative environment like ours, and will be able to execute on your vision to grow your practice and develop your clinical skills.
This is a permanent full time role. The role provides support within the Nanaimo community, with local travel required.
Take an inside look at what you’ll do each day
- Work closely with the Occupational Therapy Practice Coordinators, and designated Occupational Therapists to carry out established rehabilitative activities in occupational therapy (OT) scope of practice.
- Working one-on-one with OT clients who are survivors of brain injury, spinal cord injury, concussion, and mental health injuries in the clinic, community and in their home.
- Provide rehab and support services aimed at reintegration into the community.
- Provide rehab services that facilitate independence or modified independence with personal care tasks and household management tasks.
- Provide guidance and support of community or home physical exercise programs aimed at improving mobility, general strengthening and walking program.
- Provide guidance and support of community and home-based cognitive remediation and compensatory programs.
- Assisting with the supply, orientation and use of mobility, home safety, and/or technology equipment
- Take meticulous notes and demonstrate regular and strong communication with the OT including the provision of feedback and input to the OT regarding the client’s needs, performance and progress related to the OT goals
- Support implementation of compensatory strategies to facilitate engagement in daily activities.
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful
- An Occupational Therapist Assistant or Rehabilitation Assistant diploma or degree in Kinesiology
- Experience working in Mental Health is an asset
- Full drivers license with access to a vehicle
- Exceptional customer service skills with strong critical thinking and time management skills
- Strong computer abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to take and follow direction
What CBI Health offers you
- Continuous learning and skills development, including management opportunities
- Training and mentoring from a national network of experts
- Competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits and rewards package, including group health, dental and vision benefits, paid 100% by the employer
- Excellent administrative support, so you can focus on your patients
For millions of Canadians, CBI Health is where better begins. We are Canada’s leading community healthcare provider, reliably delivering innovative rehabilitation and home care programs that help our clients achieve their health goals. With 250+ locations and supporting more than 800 communities, people are at the heart of what we do. Every day, all across the country, our 13,000 staff work together to make a meaningful difference in our clients’ lives and help shape healthcare for the better. Learn more at cbihealth.ca.
CBI Health is proud to be recognized by Deloitte as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the 15th year in a row. A huge thank you to all our team members, whose dedication, passion, and innovation have enabled us to achieve this recognition year after year.
CBI Health is committed to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone feels safe and accepted as their authentic selves. We actively seek qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion and contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives that help us innovate and provide the best possible care to our clients.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristics that make each of us different.