Reporting directly to the Electrical Superintendent, duties include:
· Responsible for the daily operations of the Electrical Department including preventative maintenance, repair and construction installations.
· Demonstrate leadership in promoting overall compliance with safety regulations and codes.
· Provide direction and support to all staff members and contracted service personnel through daily line up meetings, visitation to works in progress, regular feedback regarding work performance.
· Co-ordinate with other departments when scheduling maintenance and construction activities.
· Ensure compliance with CEC, M421, and site specifications for all installations.
· Ensure all activities are carried out as per site specific procedures and safety regulations.
· Provide timely and accurate shift reports and summaries for cross-shift and turnaround needs.
· Must be able to recognize changes to work plan and track accordingly.
· Ensure proper safety equipment is available and being used properly.
· Developing deficiency lists, communicating them to management in a professional way and providing estimated timelines to completion.
Experience, Education and Skills
· Possess a Red Seal Inter-Provincial Electrician Journeyman Trade Certificate.
· Previous experience in the installation and maintenance of electrical equipment in an underground mining environment would be considered an asset.
· Previous experience in supervisory role.
· Have a strong safety ethic and be able to work collaboratively with other trades personnel and crew members, often with little or no supervision.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
· Ability to communicate positively and effectively to all team members.
· Previous maintenance experience with mechanized bolters and jumbos.
· Self-motivated, detail oriented.
· Capable of managing multiple work fronts on daily basis
· Must be able to adhere to site LOCK & TAG policies and procedures when isolating electrical power to equipment.
· Full Underground Basic Common Core an asset.
Health and Safety
We are seeking individuals who will promote health and safety, follow company procedures, work in accordance with local legislation, ensure the proper use and condition of personal protective equipment and maintain a safe and effective workplace.
· 21 days of work followed by 21 days for travel / rest.
· Day shift.
· Accommodations provided.
· Live out allowance provided.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00-$60.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person