The Thirsty Lion Tavern in Charleswood is looking to hire energetic and team-oriented servers to join our team! A minimum of one year of experience in the hospitality industry is required. The ideal candidate is responsible, punctual, friendly, and always willing to learn more.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have a positive attitude and the ability to work well under pressure with bussers, cooks, and other staff. Previous work experience involving customer service in a fast-paced environment is greatly desired.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Greet and welcome guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Take food and drink orders accurately and promptly
- Enter orders into the POS system and process payments
- Collaborate with kitchen staff to ensure timely and accurate delivery of food and beverages
- Serve food and drinks to guests in a courteous and efficient manner
- Monitor guest satisfaction and promptly address any concerns or issues
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of tables, dining area, and server station
- Assist with food preparation and plating as needed
- Follow all safety, sanitation, and hygiene procedures
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry is preferred but not required
- Strong communication skills to interact effectively with guests and team members
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Basic math skills for accurate order taking, bill calculation, and cash handling
- Excellent customer service skills to provide a positive dining experience for guests
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
A Smart Choices Liquor Service Certificate is required for this position.
If you think you would be a great fit for this role and would like to join our team then please apply by responding to this ad or by dropping off a resume and filling out an application at 525 Dale Boulevard, at the front desk of the Park West Inn.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.15 per hour
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB R3R 2J8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- serving: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person