Location: Etobicoke Corporate Office
Job Type: Temporary - Beginning 2024
Build your career in the early childhood education field and become a valued member of our team at BrightPath Kids! As a proud member of the Busy Bees global childcare community, we offer exceptional opportunities for your career to thrive. Join our diverse community of over 5,000 dedicated employees, and experience competitive pay and benefits, including a childcare discount. With our rapid growth, now is the perfect time to apply and shape an extraordinary future with us. Unleash your potential and join BrightPath!
What will you be doing?
As an Accounting Intern, you will assisting the accounting team for delivery of financial information on a timely basis. Responsibilities include:
- Assist in preparing and compiling annual reconciliations
- Gathers and formats data for audit sampling and funding requirements
- Support government funding accounting as needed
- Assist in the preparation of income statement reporting and analysis
- Prepare and maintain financial records and working papers in support of transactions
- All other duties as assigned.
Top Reasons to join BrightPath Kids:
• We offer a 40% child care discount to ALL Full-time employees & 10% to Part-time so that your family can take advantage of our great learning environment!
- We will support your long-term career goals by offering opportunities for professional development and tuition reimbursement for courses related to your field.
- Full-time staff are eligible to participate in a retirement plan (RRSP) which offers a company match – this is free money!
- Full-time and Part-time staff receive 6 days of sick time per calendar year.
- Full-time staff are given 10 paid statutory holidays off.
- Full-time staff are paid for at least 10 vacation days per calendar year.
- Full-time staff are offered health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance and life insurance.
- Enrolled in a post-secondary program in business commerce or an accounting discipline
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Enjoys fast-paced work environment; able to multi-task while working with tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate initiative and a high degree of accuracy in executing tasks; and
- Commitment to continuous learning and process improvement.
- Adaptive to changing needs and demands of the business and role
If this sounds like a good fit, we want to meet you! Please submit your application today.
BrightPath Kids Corp is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, provincial, or local laws.
BrightPath Kids Corp has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact [email protected]. This ensures that the appropriate accommodations are in place before you begin your employment.