Gillfor Distribution is seeking a full-time, highly motivated, and experienced Outside Account Manager for our Dartmouth, Nova Scotia location. The Gillfor Outside Account Manager is accountable for driving results for the distribution centre by creating and maintaining business relationships with key customer accounts. This individual will work within a team setting and is responsible for managing all aspects of the business with their customer: product sales and promotion, accounts receivable, shipping and delivery, and conflict resolution. A good Account Manager is an effective communicator, can work within a team-based culture, has strong business acumen, and clearly understands how to drive profitable business results.
The Outside Account Manager is also responsible for helping create customer targets and plans. Their role can span across a large geography, and you will be required to conduct business meetings in multiple venues. This position requires regular travel, including overnight as needed, and reports to the location Division Manager.
- Identify decision makers within targeted leads to begin the sales process.
- Collaborate with the Division Manager to determine necessary strategic sales approaches.
- Where necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, and other events.
- Make outbound follow-up calls to existing customers via telephone and e-mail cross-sell and up-sell.
- Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert them into sales.
- Overseeing pricing, purchases, logistic, account payables & receivables and coordinating efforts with Sales Team.
- Attend periodic sales training where applicable.
- Address client inquiries regarding status of orders, payment, refunds, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience; proven sales leader.
- Familiarity and knowledge of the building supply industry a strong asset.
- Valid Driver’s License (as travel is required).
- Highly self-motivated and is target driven with a proven track record in sales.
- Excellent selling, communicating, problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills are a must.
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Ability to adhere to all Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Full-time position, Monday to Friday: 7:30am – 4:30pm and overtime as required
- Group Health and Dental Benefit Plan
- RRSP Company contribution
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
- Competitive Salary Base
- Bonus Program
- Car Allowance
Gillfor Distribution is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in joining the Gillfor Distribution family please apply today with the appropriate requirements. We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the HR Manager at Gillfor Distribution.
About Gillfor Distribution
Gillfor Distribution is a 100% Canadian owned and operated company that stretches across Canada with 14 locations from coast to coast. Our goal is to provide a service unmatched in the distribution industry and to lead the way with innovative products and marketing ideas for the future. Gillfor prides itself in keeping up with today’s trends and staying at the forefront of the distribution industry. Please visit our website www.gillfor.com to learn more.