Join the Follett Team, where employees are valued, respected, and offered career paths throughout its many campus locations.
Follett serves over half of the students in the United States and works with 80,000 schools as a leading provider of education technology, services, and print and digital content. We're higher education's largest campus retailer and a hub for school spirit and community as we operate nearly 1,200 local campus stores and over 1,600 virtual stores across the continent. We take pride in the fact that for more than 140 years, we have been helping to improve people's lives by supporting a lifetime of learning and education.
Pay Rate - $16.00 - $19.50 per hour
As an Assistant Store Manager, you will support a Market Leader or Campus Store Manager in oversight of store operations. You will be responsible for driving results through sales growth while delivering the highest level of brand and operational excellence throughout the store by ensuring your team delivers an engaging customer service experience.
You will cultivate an environment of mentorship and continuous development of your team members while staying engaged in financial metrics and store performance and support a Market Leader or Campus Store Manager with overall store operations.
Consistently demonstrate Follett Values -- One Team, Innovate & Create, Put People First, Do What's Right, Own the Results, Stand for Inclusion. Demonstrate proficiency in Follett Strategic Core Competencies -- Thought, Results, People, and Self. You are required to maintain an availability that meets business needs.
- Supervises the work activities of sales team members FT/PT and Temporary including:Schedules team members' work hours
Trains new team members FT/PT and seasonal team members hired for peak seasonsEnsures Sales Team members follow company and store policies, procedures, and standardsEnsures the proper merchandising standards, promotion standards, creating displays, etc.
- Performs onboarding procedures for new hires.
- Greet customers, answer phones, provide information, direct callers, and resolve escalated issues. Partners to create and maintain a Hassle Free customer service culture, focused on solutions-based selling and an exceptional customer experience.
- Receive, verify, and unload orders as necessary.
- Operated cash register and store computer to accept payments, place orders, and make change adhering to safe cash handling procedures, including balancing cash drawer and preparing bank deposits.
- Stock shelves and take inventory per Store schedule.
- May provide general Store cleaning (vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, and dusting) and straightening (shelves, displays, and register areas).
- Executes merchandising standards, promotion standards, creating displays, etc.
- May fill in for other personnel during breaks, lunch, vacation, or peak seasonal periods, including register operations, shipping/receiving, textbooks, and various departments throughout the store.
- Keyholder with opening and closing responsibilities.
- Calculates deposits, counts cash drawers, counts the safe, works with accounts receivable (CARRR), and works on collecting bad checks. Balances cash, credit cards, and checks to register tapes. Checks invoices against purchase orders and credit memos against charge-backs to ensure accuracy. Compiles data for end-of-month reporting. Researches account receivable problems and handle the bad check recovery process. Investigates the reason for cash drawers not balancing. Enters and produces the Daily Sales Report, month-end, and payroll reports.
- This applies to shrink prevention practices and activities, such as visible customer service.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support general store operations.
- An Associate's Degree or equivalent is preferred.
- 0-5 years of retail or bookstore experience preferred. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- General Computer Skills
Full time benefits:
- Medical, Dental, & Vison
- Voluntary Insurance plans
- 401k + 100% company match (up to 4%)
- 80 hours vacation + sick days
- 7 paid company holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00-$19.50 per hour
Expected hours: 35 – 40 per week
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
- Have you ever worked for Follett Corporation previously?
- This position has a physical component that will require that you’re able to bend, squat, climb, knee, stand, walk, push, pull and lift occasionally up to 50 lbs. Are you able to meet that requirement with our without reasonable accommodations?
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment to work in Canada?
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Retail: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person